No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esteury Ruiz goes 2-4 with 2 singles, 1 RBI, 1 CS in his debut.

He was caught stealing third in the 8th with the Padres down by 2 runs. He might get benched or demoted just for that alone.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Esteury Ruiz goes 2-4 with 2 singles, 1 RBI, 1 CS in his debut.

He was caught stealing third in the 8th with the Padres down by 2 runs. He might get benched or demoted just for that alone.
      Can't really blame a guy for feeling untouchable when he's got 60+ SB before the All-Star break. If there were less than 2 outs, the attempt might have been mathematically defensible.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        No idea on how much to spend
        How much ya got ?
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          How much ya got ?
          Pretty sure it was with 2 outs. That's just selfishness.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            How much ya got ?
            I got plenty but so do other teams - $67 We have an active salary cap of 300. I have Harper on my bench and he is $41 but won't be back until maybe middle or to the end of August. I have $247 right now. The concern I have in spending FAAB on Ruiz is what if he bombs out and get sent back to AAA. And what if he is the real deal and worth every bid of money spent on him. There are things that cause me to lay awake at night - lol.

Comment

I got plenty but so do other teams - $67 We have an active salary cap of 300. I have Harper on my bench and he is $41 but won't be back until maybe middle or to the end of August. I have $247 right now. The concern I have in spending FAAB on Ruiz is what if he bombs out and get sent back to AAA. And what if he is the real deal and worth every bid of money spent on him. There are things that cause me to lay awake at night - lol.
              I don't think he'll make enough impact at the plate to seize a full-time role for the rest of season, unless the Pads are showcasing him for a trade.

Long-term, his ceiling is J. Villar in his prime. Could be a 15 HR + 50 SB guy. His batted ball metrics are pretty weak (low exit velocities and hard hit rate), so I don't know how much power he'll be able to elicit right now.

I would stay away at the exorbitant price point he's sitting, except in very specific circumstances, like a hail mary play for SB where it's your biggest weakness. But blowing one's entire remaining FAAB on him with 45% of the season left to play seems unwise to me, and I think that's what he will cost.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                I don't think he'll make enough impact at the plate to seize a full-time role for the rest of season, unless the Pads are showcasing him for a trade.

Long-term, his ceiling is J. Villar in his prime. Could be a 15 HR + 50 SB guy. His batted ball metrics are pretty weak (low exit velocities and hard hit rate), so I don't know how much power he'll be able to elicit right now.

I would stay away at the exorbitant price point he's sitting, except in very specific circumstances, like a hail mary play for SB where it's your biggest weakness. But blowing one's entire remaining FAAB on him with 45% of the season left to play seems unwise to me, and I think that's what he will cost.
                Thanks TW. I will put in a bid in but if another team wants to spend a good portion of their FAAB then so be it. With the trade deadline coming up I rather spend it on an established hitter.

Comment

• Profar back--Azocar Optioned

T Scott optioned S Wilson activated.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I got Ruiz. I swear I can't figure out the FAAB bidding in this league. I bid $17 the next closest bid was $7 and including myself on 4 teams made a bid. Totally did not expect to win him. Oh well.

Comment

I got Ruiz. I swear I can't figure out the FAAB bidding in this league. I bid $17 the next closest bid was $7 and including myself on 4 teams made a bid. Totally did not expect to win him. Oh well.
                        He went for $12 in my 12-team NL-only. I bid $10 but I am already playing for next year and did not think there was any way I would keep him at more than $10, so didn’t bother going higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          He went for $12 in my 12-team NL-only. I bid $10 but I am already playing for next year and did not think there was any way I would keep him at more than $10, so didn’t bother going higher.
                          I bid that way also when deciding to keep a player but wasn't planning on keeping Ruiz for next year. We do have a discount on player salary if you finish 3rd through 6th place for one player only.

Comment

• I really needed speed so I successfully bid max of $15 (anything over would trigger guaranteed contract). I already have some misgivings as I am not sure PT will be there after Myers’s comes back and possibility of SD adding an OF at trade deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                              I really needed speed so I successfully bid max of $15 (anything over would trigger guaranteed contract). I already have some misgivings as I am not sure PT will be there after Myers’s comes back and possibility of SD adding an OF at trade deadline.
                              Bids in my 15 mixed keeper:

42 (wins - $36 salary via vickrey)

I bid $20 knowing I would not win Ruiz but making sure that whoever did win him would not have a keeper priced player.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                                I really needed speed so I successfully bid max of $15 (anything over would trigger guaranteed contract). I already have some misgivings as I am not sure PT will be there after Myers’s comes back and possibility of SD adding an OF at trade deadline.
                                I gambling that Ruiz is up to stay. I really needed another bat in the OF as I been rotating De La Cruz, Robles and Castillo. I'm in third place and 7 points out of 1st. Losing Harper was (understatement) huge.

Comment

Working...
                                X