2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    I was shocked that he wasn't on a roster. Anybody know when he gets called up? GITH?
    There's been no chatter regarding a Ruiz call up. Toddy they DFA'd Alcantra and brought up Batten, a utility guy who's also done well in AAA (though it does seem easy to run up gaudy numbers in El Paso) Mazara has done well in his short time, though nothing spectacular, Profar isn't going anywhere and Grisham--well, they're going to give him more time to finally establish himself--His Defense is great, but his bat hasn't been what they expected. Ruiz seems to me, a guy they want to hold off on calling up until they have no other choice (injury et all).

Tatis will start swinging the bat in 10 days, if all goes well he might return in July. Abrams seems to be settling in his second time in the bigs so, he might stick even after Tatis returns, but to be honest--the Padres roster is a Gordian knot of sorts-

Some say they have no payroll flexibility, but I don't agree--ownership wants to win this year--very much. They'll exceed the luxury cap if they have to, but do they need to? I recently wrote the Padres would most likely make a move to obtain Contreras, but with the recent play of both Alfaro and Nola and Campusano faring OK in AAA, they may seek elsewhere on the roster to upgrade. I also believe the Padres are hesitant to screw with the chemistry that has an underachieving offense that's missing 2 MVP caliber players only 1.5 games back of LA with the 3rd best record in the NL.

I've heard snippets of talk regarding Bryan Reynolds again, but we've heard that before. I've heard the potential of a deal for KC's Whitfield and Benintendi, but nothing concrete. Of course, should the Angels hang em up, the Padres and Preller would absolutely make a push for Ohtani though that is pretty much a pipe dream scenario.

I know the Pads would like to shed Myers, Hosmer and maybe even Snell if he can't get his head back in the game, but will they? Can They without parting with a blue chop prospect?

Normally I'd say--I know they'll do something and make an educated guess, but this season, they're not making moves as usual--I think that's because Melvin seems to have had an effect on the entire organization--kind of calming the room down and minimizing/preventing reactionary trades by Preller.

I'll keep my ear to the ground and post when I can (still walking 26 to 40 thousand steps a day at the WSOP) So I'm a bit out of the loop and damn tired when I get in at night. But I'll do my best.

Roster Ruiz if you can, it couldn't hurt and with speed as valuable as ever, it might just really work out for you should you snag him.

GL guys.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      There's been no chatter regarding a Ruiz call up. Toddy they DFA'd Alcantra and brought up Batten, a utility guy who's also done well in AAA (though it does seem easy to run up gaudy numbers in El Paso) Mazara has done well in his short time, though nothing spectacular, Profar isn't going anywhere and Grisham--well, they're going to give him more time to finally establish himself--His Defense is great, but his bat hasn't been what they expected. Ruiz seems to me, a guy they want to hold off on calling up until they have no other choice (injury et all).

Tatis will start swinging the bat in 10 days, if all goes well he might return in July. Abrams seems to be settling in his second time in the bigs so, he might stick even after Tatis returns, but to be honest--the Padres roster is a Gordian knot of sorts-

Some say they have no payroll flexibility, but I don't agree--ownership wants to win this year--very much. They'll exceed the luxury cap if they have to, but do they need to? I recently wrote the Padres would most likely make a move to obtain Contreras, but with the recent play of both Alfaro and Nola and Campusano faring OK in AAA, they may seek elsewhere on the roster to upgrade. I also believe the Padres are hesitant to screw with the chemistry that has an underachieving offense that's missing 2 MVP caliber players only 1.5 games back of LA with the 3rd best record in the NL.

I've heard snippets of talk regarding Bryan Reynolds again, but we've heard that before. I've heard the potential of a deal for KC's Whitfield and Benintendi, but nothing concrete. Of course, should the Angels hang em up, the Padres and Preller would absolutely make a push for Ohtani though that is pretty much a pipe dream scenario.

I know the Pads would like to shed Myers, Hosmer and maybe even Snell if he can't get his head back in the game, but will they? Can They without parting with a blue chop prospect?

Normally I'd say--I know they'll do something and make an educated guess, but this season, they're not making moves as usual--I think that's because Melvin seems to have had an effect on the entire organization--kind of calming the room down and minimizing/preventing reactionary trades by Preller.

I'll keep my ear to the ground and post when I can (still walking 26 to 40 thousand steps a day at the WSOP) So I'm a bit out of the loop and damn tired when I get in at night. But I'll do my best.

Roster Ruiz if you can, it couldn't hurt and with speed as valuable as ever, it might just really work out for you should you snag him.

GL guys.
      Nice summary. Thanks GITH.

Comment

• How much credit does Melvin deserve for a great season by the Pads without Tatis and Machado missing time?

Comment

• Padres need a strong bullpen arm, perhaps more than another bat given Tatis imminent return. They are ok in the 9th but getting from the 7th to their closer has been a problem for them

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
            Padres need a strong bullpen arm, perhaps more than another bat given Tatis imminent return. They are ok in the 9th but getting from the 7th to their closer has been a problem for them
            Since the Padres have no plans on using him, Ruiz for Bednar sounds good to me.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Since the Padres have no plans on using him, Ruiz for Bednar sounds good to me.
              Ha! Good one, Madducks. Your Buccos fans deserve a boost like that.

Comment

• Bednar would be nice for SD especially considering he was traded by SD to Pittsburg. Ruiz would be a good piece for Pittsburg but I suspect they would want more.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                  Bednar would be nice for SD especially considering he was traded by SD to Pittsburg. Ruiz would be a good piece for Pittsburg but I suspect they would want more.
                  I’d deal Gore and Ruiz for Reynolds and Bednar
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Profar has a concussion and a cervical; sprain--he should be on the 7 dal concussion IL at the very least potentially longer. Mazara will move to LF and we MAY get to see Ruiz or Rooker.

I can see the Pads resting Profar until after the ASB (if not longer) as a cervical sprain can take a while to heal. Tatis is due back right after the ASB as well and has been taking reps in the OF, Alfaro has also played some OF in his career so--I'll keep an eye out for updates, hopefully more concrete going into this weekends FAAB.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The padres should have insisted Lamet undergo a 2nd TJ surgery. His career is wasting away.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        The padres should have insisted Lamet undergo a 2nd TJ surgery. His career is wasting away.
                        I completely agree.

In other news Rooker got the call over Ruiz, Stammen is the IL, Kim is day to day as the Padres limp towards the all star break.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Esteury Ruiz promoted...to the Padres taxi squad. Almost there. Stay tuned...

Ruiz has had a major breakout this season between Double- and Triple-A, batting .333/.467/.560 with 13 home runs and a minor league-leading 60 stolen bases.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Esteury Ruiz promoted...to the Padres taxi squad. Almost there. Stay tuned...

Ruiz has had a major breakout this season between Double- and Triple-A, batting .333/.467/.560 with 13 home runs and a minor league-leading 60 stolen bases.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Padres purchased the contract of OF Esteury Ruiz from Triple-A El Paso.

Ruiz is playing center field and batting eighth in his MLB debut tonight.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Padres purchased the contract of OF Esteury Ruiz from Triple-A El Paso.

Ruiz is playing center field and batting eighth in his MLB debut tonight.
                                He will be the FAAB favorite of he week. No idea on how much to spend just know he won't go cheap,

Comment

Working...
                                X