2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    As always, when I know--you'll know. Unless you know first then you can let me know.
    Way to channel Yogi!

Comment

• Lots of movement for the Padres today;

#1 CJ Abrams has been sent down, he needs regular ABs and Kim has taken the primary SS gig until further notice (When Tatis gets back). Alacantara (claimed yesterday off waivers) will be back up IF.
      #2 Voit and Myers activated, Thompson DFAd and Beaty to the IL.
      #3 Pierce Johnson was moved to the 60 day IL, so don't look for him to return anytime soon. he joins Austin Adams and possibly Tim Hill as Tims issue seems a bit more serious than they're letting on.
      #4 Snell is making his last rehab tonight so--more moves are coming soon--I don't see them demoting Gore nor trading anyone--I see a 6 man rotation with Martinez joining Crismatt as a multi inning reliever. 6 Starters, 2 LR (Martinez, Crismatt) and Rogers, Garcia, Suarez, Wilson and Stammen make 13. Lamet is probably going down and/or being dealt.

That's all for now--Gwynn's Birthday was yesterday--sad and happy day for most us in Friarland!
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Mercy killing for Abrams. Needs to learn to swing the bat again instead of a wet noodle! Poor guy was obviously rushed. Hope it doesn’t crush his confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Here's the only takeaway from that article we need to listen to:

“It’s a matter of how many more swings they want me to take.”

they're gonna make him swing until he forces them to activate him.
          Interesting how it worked out. Voit couldn't hit AAA pitching, but was activated and hit his first homer today. Not super optimistic about him, but I'll probably start him over Grisham.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Interesting how it worked out. Voit couldn't hit AAA pitching, but was activated and hit his first homer today. Not super optimistic about him, but I'll probably start him over Grisham.
            and second homer. of course he is on my bench
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Mercy killing for Abrams. Needs to learn to swing the bat again instead of a wet noodle! Poor guy was obviously rushed. Hope it doesn’t crush his confidence.
              So of course he goes yard twice in his first game at AAA
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

and second homer. of course he is on my bench
                3 hits in all, hopefully he'll keep it up the Padres offense could really use him!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Is Nick Martinez working his way to being the odd man out of the rotation?

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    Is Nick Martinez working his way to being the odd man out of the rotation?
                    Even if he'd been spot on yesterday, he was headed to long relief. The rotation after Snell returns should look like this: Darvish, Manaea, Musgrove, Gore, Clevinger and Snell.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• And apparently they're about to sign Cano which means Alacantara's time with the club is over.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I know Cano is essentially free labor with the Mets paying 99% of his salary, but oy vey.

Imagine if France, Munoz, and Torrez were still in the org right now?

August 31, 2020: Ty France Traded by the San Diego Padres with Andres Munoz, Luis Torrens and Taylor Trammell to the Seattle Mariners for Austin Adams, Dan Altavilla and Austin Nola.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          I know Cano is essentially free labor with the Mets paying 99% of his salary, but oy vey.

Imagine if France, Munoz, and Torrez were still in the org right now?

August 31, 2020:[FONT="] Ty France Traded by the [/FONT]San Diego Padres[FONT="] with [/FONT]Andres Munoz[FONT="], [/FONT]Luis Torrens[FONT="] and [/FONT]Taylor Trammell[FONT="] to the [/FONT]Seattle Mariners[FONT="] for [/FONT]Austin Adams[FONT="], [/FONT]Dan Altavilla[FONT="] and [/FONT]Austin Nola.
                          I have to believe if the NL had the DH either Franmil or France would still be with the team.

I have no issue with the Pads taking a flyer on Cano, they have no real help off the bench so who knows--he'll probably be gone at the deadline if he continues to suck.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Lamet demoted to AAA

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Lamet demoted to AAA
                              Damn, it's seems like just yesterday this guy was dominating.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Damn, it's seems like just yesterday this guy was dominating.
                                It wasn't, he hasn't pitched since the 9th.

Comment

Working...
                                X