No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing gears… what to make of Joe Musgrove? Is this another late season collapse like last year? Just got pummeled bu AZ. Both seasons he was great to start the year then faded. Is he just tired? If so, why doesn’t SD rest him?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      I’ll pull a Mith and say it — Juan Soto has totally sucked. It’s either a couple of walks or an 0-4. Guy does nothing else. Total waste as a Top 3 pick this season. Possibly the worst uninjured Top 3 pick of the last decade. In fact, after looking, I’m pretty sure of that.
      There's a lot of concerning signs, for sure. Pop up rate is way up, hard hit ball % has cratered, HR/FB rate way down. Defensive metrics are way down, too. BABIP is down about 90 points, and while some of that might be luck, I think a lot derives from the much higher level of soft contact.

OTOH, he's still only 23, has a .400+ OBP, and will have 30-ish HR and 100-ish R in what potentially could just be an aberration of a season.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        There's a lot of concerning signs, for sure. Pop up rate is way up, hard hit ball % has cratered, HR/FB rate way down. Defensive metrics are way down, too. BABIP is down about 90 points, and while some of that might be luck, I think a lot derives from the much higher level of soft contact.

OTOH, he's still only 23, has a .400+ OBP, and will have 30-ish HR and 100-ish R in what potentially could just be an aberration of a season.
        Yeah, it is just frustrating for people who expected a normal Juan Soto season this year. Looks less like Ted Williams than he used to. If he wants half a billion dollars he better get back to the old Juan Soto

Edit- 3 HR and 6 rbi in his last 30 games.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Yeah, it is just frustrating for people who expected a normal Juan Soto season this year. Looks less like Ted Williams than he used to. If he wants half a billion dollars he better get back to the old Juan Soto

Edit- 3 HR and 6 rbi in his last 30 games.
          Yeah, I certainly understand the frustration - I had him as a keeper in my mixed keeper league. The only redeeming part for me is my team totally tanked almost right out of the gate, and I dealt Soto for Strider, Tommy Pham, and a 2nd round pick, which will be very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Yeah, I certainly understand the frustration - I had him as a keeper in my mixed keeper league. The only redeeming part for me is my team totally tanked almost right out of the gate, and I dealt Soto for Strider, Tommy Pham, and a 2nd round pick, which will be very good.
            I did a bit worse than Preller.

I dealt Mookie, Bieber, Framil, Lawler and Dominguez for Soto, some spares and a 1st, though that 1st is gonna be around 18 or 19.

Like Hornsby said--this team is now destined for mediocrity.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

I dealt Mookie, Bieber, Framil, Lawler and Dominguez for Soto, some spares and a 1st, though that 1st is gonna be around 18 or 19.

I would never say such a thing...think it maybe, but not say it aloud.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Since August 15th (81 PAs), Juan Soto is hitting .143 with 3 RBIs.

Comment

Since August 15th (81 PAs), Juan Soto is hitting .143 with 3 RBIs.
                  This doesn't bode well for his upcoming arbitration.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Hey look, it’s another 0-3 for Juan!

EDIT — hold the presses, he got a hit!

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

I would bet that the Padres win enough games down the stretch to back their way into a wildcard spot. But in the off chance that the Brewers overtake them, is Preller out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        I would bet that the Padres win enough games down the stretch to back their way into a wildcard spot. But in the off chance that the Brewers overtake them, is Preller out?
                        That's a good question. I'd say before the whole Tatis injury/PED issue I'd have said yes, but I get the feeling his trade for Soto and Tatis's issue buy him another year should they falter down the stretch.

If they can just go 12-9 down the stretch they win 88 games and should make the final WC spot. But we've all watched them squander this opportunity before.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Since August 15th (81 PAs), Juan Soto is hitting .143 with 3 RBIs.
                          The Juan Soto Crapwatch continues:
                          Since August 15th (97 PAs), Juan Soto is hitting .133 with 4 RBIs.

Comment

50% less than CJ Abrams over that range

Comment

• Josh Bell since the trade: .207/.318/.311, 3 HR, 11 RBI. Ouch.

Comment

The Padres’ blockbuster acquisition has fallen into a deep slump, highlighting what’s been a comparatively spotty campaign.

They'll just have to live with him...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X