Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Padres are about to explode.

They will grab the wild card and steamroll into the division championship series.

I'll collect all bets in beer, bourbon or cigars
    I sure hope so since the Cards pwn the Brewers.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• And the Padres back into the WC slot after a walk-off HR by Jake....
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I sure hope so since the Cards pwn the Brewers.
        spoke too soon?
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

spoke too soon?
          Yup. Am celebrating with multiple Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPAs. It’s right up there with Ballast Point’s grapefruit IPA.

But the Cards starters….yeah, sadly, they still pwn the Brewers.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Cronenworth is out with a fracture finger. The Pads might move Tatis back to SS.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              Cronenworth is out with a fracture finger. The Pads might move Tatis back to SS.
              As risky as this is, they have no other choice if they hold onto any hope of making the Playoffs. Kim is excellent in the field, but they need the Bat. Pham, Grisham and Myers should be in the OF going forward, Tatis at SS and Frasier at 2nd.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

As risky as this is, they have no other choice if they hold onto any hope of making the Playoffs. Kim is excellent in the field, but they need the Bat. Pham, Grisham and Myers should be in the OF going forward, Tatis at SS and Frasier at 2nd.
                GWITH what is going on with Pham? He started slow then was doing everything he was suppose to and then since he reached BA .271 on July 18 has gone BA .146 3 HR and 0 SB.

Comment

GWITH what is going on with Pham? He started slow then was doing everything he was suppose to and then since he reached BA .271 on July 18 has gone BA .146 3 HR and 0 SB.
                  I've watched about every AB he's had this season. He's an odd guy, works ABs, knows the zone better than anyone else on the team BUT he allows things to get to him. If he gets a bad call or makes a bad play or hits it hard, but makes an out--it bugs him and seems to snowball. He rarely seems like he's enjoying himself and recently stated things in SD haven't turned out like he thought they would. He's not happy sitting, but he's brought it on himself.

One thing's certain--he's gonna get another FT chance and it's his to make the best of it. I hope he does.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I've watched about every AB he's had this season. He's an odd guy, works ABs, knows the zone better than anyone else on the team BUT he allows things to get to him. If he gets a bad call or makes a bad play or hits it hard, but makes an out--it bugs him and seems to snowball. He rarely seems like he's enjoying himself and recently stated things in SD haven't turned out like he thought they would. He's not happy sitting, but he's brought it on himself.

One thing's certain--he's gonna get another FT chance and it's his to make the best of it. I hope he does.
                    Thanks. I hope he does too. I sat him this week and started Pederson over him. Next week I'll have another decision to make.

Comment

• Snell just came out of the game with some sort of leg/knee injury after only 11 pitches, limping badly.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The Padres already led MLB in games lost to injury, then Uris breaks Cronenworths' finger and now Snell goes down in the 1st with what looks like a groin injury.

This after losing Clevinger and Lamet at the end of LAST season.

Cursed.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• AND Paddack goes back to the IL.

Darvish, Musgrove and Arrieta are the only starters down the most difficult stretch of the season. Snell says he will be available to make his next start, but I'm doubtful.

They're calling up Shawn Anderson and if Snell has to hit the IL and they're still hanging around that final WC spot, they'll bite the bullet and call up Gore, who's doing just OK in AA.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

AND Paddack goes back to the IL.

Darvish, Musgrove and Arrieta are the only starters down the most difficult stretch of the season. Snell says he will be available to make his next start, but I'm doubtful.

They're calling up Shawn Anderson and if Snell has to hit the IL and they're still hanging around that final WC spot, they'll bite the bullet and call up Gore, who's doing just OK in AA.
                            \

Are they considering Weathers to start?

Comment

\

Are they considering Weathers to start?
                              Not if they want to win, the entire BP is gassed. They've logged the most IP of any BP in the league this season.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Somebody get Darvish some pine tar already. This guy has been killing my ratios during the second half.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X