No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook for Marcano and Mateo? Looks like they both made the MLB roster. Marcano hit 410 over the spring ... Mateo .316 with 3 SB.
    Long term prognosis? TIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by southcoast View Post
      Outlook for Marcano and Mateo? Looks like they both made the MLB roster. Marcano hit 410 over the spring ... Mateo .316 with 3 SB.
      Long term prognosis? TIA.
      Mateo had a spot locked up before the Grisham injury so the job is his to lose. He'll get a decent amount of ABs early as long as he continues to get on base, where he can use his speed. Right now Profar hasn't really hit, nor has Kim--though both will get ample time to come around. Mateo would have to outperform both of those guys to continue getting significant ABs after Grisham returns. Mateo is a solid endgame flier, but unless the stars align, his season will be spent spot starting, pinch running. he's 25 so long term? He still has time to develop into the talent that got him selected for the Futures game a while back, but even if he does, he'll showcase it elsewhere because on the current Padres roster and system, being a SS/2b puts you behind Tatis Jr and Abrams so....

Marcano will see some time as well out of the gate, but will most likely be sent down when Grisham returns. BUT the Padres are thin in the OF and any injury could play well for him. His long term situation is a bit different than Mateo in that the OF has openings next year Pham is a FA in 22 and Myers can be bought out in 23. So if he develops as the Padres believed he would when the signed him, he could reap some profits. Another end game gamble right now.

Hope that helps some.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Mateo had a spot locked up before the Grisham injury so the job is his to lose. He'll get a decent amount of ABs early as long as he continues to get on base, where he can use his speed. Right now Profar hasn't really hit, nor has Kim--though both will get ample time to come around. Mateo would have to outperform both of those guys to continue getting significant ABs after Grisham returns. Mateo is a solid endgame flier, but unless the stars align, his season will be spent spot starting, pinch running. he's 25 so long term? He still has time to develop into the talent that got him selected for the Futures game a while back, but even if he does, he'll showcase it elsewhere because on the current Padres roster and system, being a SS/2b puts you behind Tatis Jr and Abrams so....

Marcano will see some time as well out of the gate, but will most likely be sent down when Grisham returns. BUT the Padres are thin in the OF and any injury could play well for him. His long term situation is a bit different than Mateo in that the OF has openings next year Pham is a FA in 22 and Myers can be bought out in 23. So if he develops as the Padres believed he would when the signed him, he could reap some profits. Another end game gamble right now.

Hope that helps some.
        thank you! Just to clarify, i thought Mateo is OF and Marcano is IF reserve players. Is that correct?
        In deep 4x4, NL only 13 team league, who do you think is the better end game option, Mateo, Profar or Kim?

Comment

thank you! Just to clarify, i thought Mateo is OF and Marcano is IF reserve players. Is that correct?
          In deep 4x4, NL only 13 team league, who do you think is the better end game option, Mateo, Profar or Kim?
          Mateo plays IF and OF as does Marcano. I'd go--Profar, Kim and then Mateo. If you're looking at the entire year that is. All are good in NL only as all 3 had/have spots on the roster even without the Grisham injury. I'm betting Kim takes a while to get it going, but once he does--he should be the best of the three--however he hasn't shown much yet.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• thanks again. one more question - closer situation. Pagan or Pomeranz? does Kela have any shot?

Cronenworth going to hold the 2b job?

Comment

thanks again. one more question - closer situation. Pagan or Pomeranz? does Kela have any shot?

Cronenworth going to hold the 2b job?
              Jake should play a lot, he'll spell Hosmer on occasion and they seem committed to him at 2b. But he did fade down the stretch last season so be aware of that. he's elig at 2b, 1b and SS in most leagues.

Right now I'd say Pagan, Melancon, Pomeranz then Kela but that can change as we saw last season when it was Yates, Pagan, Pomeranz out of the gate. I know the club would prefer the closer to be a RHP which is the only reason I don't have Pomeranz higher.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Um....can someone check on GITH and make sure he’s not near sharp object or high places?
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• He’s done for the season. Torn UCL or something. This is just my anger talking.

Comment

• Just woke up, its covid shot kinda keeping me tired. I can't find any details yet, I'll be sure to post as soon as I hear something.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• YouTube doctors think it’s a dislocated shoulder and he will only miss a couple of weeks. Just FYI, I own him and my early round picks have been cursed, just so you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        YouTube doctors think it’s a dislocated shoulder and he will only miss a couple of weeks. Just FYI, I own him and my early round picks have been cursed, just so you know.
                        That would be optimal, but he swings so hard I'd think it'd be longer than that.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Partial dislocation, how long it will keep him out TBD. Apparently similar to what Bellinger dealt with last season.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Downer about Tatis Jr.

Does Weathers move to the 5th starter role?

Comment

• Does this mean I need to issue a mea culpa, and apologize to Cavebird and others for saying that Tatis was giving the Padres a discount? Perhaps, because the Padres knew about the shoulder issue, both sides were happy with the money...maybe they both had concerns about his ability to avoid injury. I just hope he gets healthy soon because baseball is better off with a dynamic young talent like his playing in (and being written about) as many games as possible.

(Granted, I did admit that in exchange for his discount he protected himself against injury risk...)
                              2021 Auction Anatomy
                              2021 Keeper Decisions
                              2020 Auction Anatomy
                              2020 Pre-Auction
                              2015 Auction Anatomy
                              2014 Auction Anatomy
                              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Partial dislocation, how long it will keep him out TBD. Apparently similar to what Bellinger dealt with last season.
                                yeah, those types of injuries come in degrees. But I suspect the Pads are going to play this really cautiously.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X