No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatis and Kim back, Pham, Grisham and Nola still out.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• JJ, would love to know what your strong offer looked like. The Tatis owner in our league would never trade him. Says he just can’t get enough value back.

Comment

• would have included most or all of lame ducks Harper, KMarte (HUGE 2019 season), and DeJong (30 HR), keepable Realmuto 13 units, and Scherzer 44. and if he wanted to sub in a farmhand like HRamos and/or a good farm pick, I'd have been willing to listen.

as it turned out, he might have won the league by 15 points
        but hey, second place is a profit, too - or something
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Snell looked good at home tonight. But, he's been giving his fantasy owners road rage. His era is a whopping 8 runs higher outside of Petco.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Snell looked good at home tonight. But, he's been giving his fantasy owners road rage. His era is a whopping 8 runs higher outside of Petco.
            I believe he turned a corner tonight, but again--I'm a homer.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              This yours Brian?

It's the only way to travel to your stay at... https://www.sycuan.com/rooms/padres-suite/

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Tatis hurt the same shoulder diving for a ball. I guess it was only a matter of time…..

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Tatis hurt the same shoulder diving for a ball. I guess it was only a matter of time…..
                    Yeah I was at the game.

He tried to stay but they pulled him anyway.
                    Kim hit a 2 run Homer in his spot to win it.

They will be cautious with Tatis.

I'd expect surgery in the off-season

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• 06.19... Padres manager Jayce Tingler told reporters after Saturday's game against the Reds that Fernando Tatís Jr's exit against the Reds was precautionary.
                      Spin: We feel like we're in a fairly decent position," Tingler said in the press conference. "The trainers think (his shoulder is) nowhere near where it's been earlier on in the year." Tingler also mentioned that Tatís Jr. petitioned to stay in the game, but San Diego isn't taking any chances. He's considered day-to-day, so there's a chance that the star shortstop returns soon. There's just as good a chance -- if not better -- that he gets the day off against Cincinnati on Sunday.

imagine a contending team whose two best players this season in a high-stakes league are Tatis and deGrom. I'd recommend not only daily blood pressure reading, and possibly a live-in nurse and defibrillator on hand
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• It's so much fun to have double posts because someone has you on ignore.....I got the Padre news JJ, stick to your East Coast stuff.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Solid game by Lamet. Weathers pitched 5 perfect at AAA as they stretch him out.

Note to the MLB schedule makers--what do you hate the Padres?

LA has no string of games longer than 13 without a break and only 2 of those.

SF has 13 in a row 3 times

The Padres have 13 in row 3 times PLUS a stretch of 17 games in a row and one with 20 games in a row.

I'm guessing the Schedule makers wife must have whispered El Nino in her sleep....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• we need a "Hold your breath" thread ... I've got both Snell & Kershaw going against each other tonight & kept them both active ... gulp ...
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                            X