2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Somebody get Darvish some pine tar already. This guy has been killing my ratios during the second half.
    tell me about it, I have 3 shares of him AND a fourth if you count being a Padre fan..
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Same old Padres. likely to miss the playoffs after spending bazillions of dollars and getting big time players.

Just a loser organization
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Same old Padres. likely to miss the playoffs after spending bazillions of dollars and getting big time players.

Just a loser organization
        This might actually be the Mith reverse Jink they needed!
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Somebody get Darvish some pine tar already. This guy has been killing my ratios during the second half.
          Fortunately I benched him last night (H2H semis), and am not sure I trust him to start again this season, so he might go from forever keeper to dropped.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Not if they want to win, the entire BP is gassed. They've logged the most IP of any BP in the league this season.
            As a Padre fan I am extremely disappointed in AJ Preller. He is responsible for the roster construction and the manger who is clearly over his head and looks like he like the previously AJ selected manager (Green) has lost the clubhouse. I for one would like to see changes-bring in someone like Theo over AJ. Preller should be focusing on scouting and leave other traditional GM duties to others. I would also like to see Ron Washington or Bruce Bochy at the helm. The hitting coach should go. Lack of launch angle among hitters and high ground ball rate plus poor situational hitting speaks volumes about approach. Pitching, pitching and more pitching should be an off season priority.

Comment

• Snell to the IL, Padres sign Vincent Velasquez who will start in his place Sat.

Arrieta, Velazquez and Detwiler....who needs Scherzer anyhow!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Toast in ‘21

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                  Toast in ‘21
                  Oh it won't be that easy--they intent to drag us the the very last game with a shot at that WC spot and then lose on a 3 base error in the 17th inning.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• On today's updated BA power rankings, the Padres are ranked the NL's 5th best team (10th overall), ahead of the Reds (15th) and Cards (12th).

Comment

• Another brutal L to the team they're chasing.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Another brutal L to the team they're chasing.
                        Yep, I've no idea who's making the decisions, BUT it obvious whomever is, sucks ass.

They go to Pagan again....Pegan has been scored upon in 6 of his last 10 appearances. Giving up 12 runs in 10 IP including 5 HRs. Last time he faced O'Neil, Tyler took him deep. Frasier hitting cleanup 3 games in a row? Hosmer starting at 1B?

Tingler and his whole staff are gone, even if they miraculously make the playoffs, which I just can't see happening now. 2 teams ahead of them for that spot, one team 1/2 game behind.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The Padres DFA Jake Arrieta and his 10.95 ERA.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Padres DFA Jake Arrieta and his 10.95 ERA.
                            Who could have seen that coming?! Shocked I tell ya shocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Who could have seen that coming?! Shocked I tell ya shocked.
                              Nostradamus!

Comment

• Padres eliminated from playoff contention. Crazy.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X