No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect way to end this game, umps decide it by declaring an auto DP because Grisham didn't slide.

Man are these Marlin announcers a bit homerish.

Not as bad as the Nats duo, but pretty home cookin.

I guess I'm spoiled from listening to Dan Orsillo for so many games.....
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Perfect way to end this game, umps decide it by declaring an auto DP because Grisham didn't slide.

Man are these Marlin announcers a bit homerish.

Not as bad as the Nats duo, but pretty home cookin.

I guess I'm spoiled from listening to Dan Orsillo for so many games.....
      Orsillo is great.

Worst in my opinion is Dan McLaughlan for the Cards, just cringeworthy.

Comment

• Looks like the Padres have traded for Adam Frazier....
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• As expected, once the Padres acquired a new bat, players were destined to be platooned or moved. Looks like Hosmer will be the first to go. Frazier will se the starting 2b and Jake will move to 1st. Hosmer's contract still has 4 years left so to move him, they'll have to send a prospect along with him wherever he goes. They'll probably have to eat some of that remaining salary as well (which is like 60-80 million) I'm also hearing the Padres are still in on Gallo (along with everyone else being dealt on the planet)

Looks like the Padres are once again going to make the deadline interesting as in addition to Frazier, they're planning on adding another Bat or two and at least 3 arms. Paddack, Mateo possibly Myers seem to be the likely candidates to be moved and the guys in the BP who might be replaced are Crismatt and Adams.

I LOVE this time of the year, but that should come of no surprise to anyone in a league with me....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Maybe Ohtani's historic year and Vlad Jr's triple crown bid have overshadowed discussion of this possibility but Tatis has a reasonable chance of putting up a 40-40 year. He currently has 30 HRs and 23 SBs and is on a pace to end up w 48 HRs and 37 SBs.

I happen to have all 3 in one of my leagues (yes, I'm in first but I may have trouble making innings).

Comment

• Is there any possibility that Kim gets moved?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Maybe Ohtani's historic year and Vlad Jr's triple crown bid have overshadowed discussion of this possibility but Tatis has a reasonable chance of putting up a 40-40 year. He currently has 30 HRs and 23 SBs and is on a pace to end up w 48 HRs and 37 SBs.

I happen to have all 3 in one of my leagues (yes, I'm in first but I may have trouble making innings).
                If he didn't miss a month, 50-50 wouldn't be out of the question.

I think he's running away with the NL MVP Award. Thanks to DeGrom's injury, no one is close.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  Is there any possibility that Kim gets moved?
                  Highly doubtful, they love the guy.

He's exceptional on defense and seems to be coming around on offense. He also is one of those players who gives it ae, every moment he's on the field.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• My Deadline guesses.

Padres make at least 2 more trades.

1 with the Rangers, Gallo heads to SD, Hosmer to Texas along with prospects including one System top 10.

2 with the Cubs, Kimbrell to SD for one of their controlled ML BP arms (Adams?) Prospects.

Either Davies or Gibson will be a part of the corresponding deal.

I can see them renting Max but only if all that deferred money stays with the Nats. Not sure who they'd move, but probably one of Paddack/Weathers/Lamet and some youngins. BUT the Dodgers can put together a much better deal and get both Turner and Max.

Berrios is a longshot as they'd have to give up a Gore.

I must be the only guy sitting online doing nothing but following twitter, MLB TR, their local news stations and listening to sports talk.....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

My Deadline guesses.

Padres make at least 2 more trades.

1 with the Rangers, Gallo heads to SD, Hosmer to Texas along with prospects including one System top 10.
                      Doesn't seem realistic. This is the Yankees trash for gold reference that's been mentioned on this board.

If another team is taking on Hosmer the Padres will have to give up a significant asset just to offload him.

Given that certainty, your trade idea implies that Gallo is basically free. Far from it. Especially with the massive competition in play for Gallo (TOR, NYY, resigning with TEX).

He wont be cheap.

Comment

I can believe this one happening but it'll require money going from SD to Texas as well. Risk is the Yankees will outbid them, especially if they pony up two of their pitchers in their top-12 prospects.

2 with the Cubs, Kimbrell to SD for one of their controlled ML BP arms (Adams?) Prospects.
                        Had the Darvish deal not happened, I'd be on board with you here. Given the beating the Cubs front office has taken in the press for the Darvish deal (and rightfully so), the Cubs won't do a deal unless someone pretty significant comes back. Now, you could convince me of a Kimbrel/Rizzo deal for a top-6 prospect, Hosmer, and an ark of cash. Because the Cubs owners have to cover those biblical losses somehow.

Personally, I'm going for Preller to pull off a deal no one comes up with. Because he always seems to.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          I can believe this one happening but it'll require money going from SD to Texas as well. Risk is the Yankees will outbid them, especially if they pony up two of their pitchers in their top-12 prospects.

Had the Darvish deal not happened, I'd be on board with you here. Given the beating the Cubs front office has taken in the press for the Darvish deal (and rightfully so), the Cubs won't do a deal unless someone pretty significant comes back. Now, you could convince me of a Kimbrel/Rizzo deal for a top-6 prospect, Hosmer, and an ark of cash. Because the Cubs owners have to cover those biblical losses somehow.

Personally, I'm going for Preller to pull off a deal no one comes up with. Because he always seems to.
                          I agree, there'd been no mention of Frazier to the Padres at all--then it's Hello Adam.

I honestly don't know what I -prefer to happen (not that I have any input) Scherzer would be nice, but only if he doesn't come with all that deferred money. Berrios as well, though realistically--it'd take a guy like Gore, Plus, Plus. which I'm OK if it isn't Weathers--I think he's gonna be a good one. Not that gore won't it's just the Padres need players who are of immediate impact now through the next 2 years and Gore's struggles are perplexing. Kimbrell and Davies would be solid, but the padres BP is one of the best and have Strahm on his way back and there's talk of their third round pick Popp being a potential Sept call up. (3rd rd pick, 6th year Senior already 24 and the Golden Spikes winner in 2021) and Davies--would he really be better than Paddack? who inconsistent, but man they guy shows flashes of great (last night's start was a perfect example). Gallo would be great and even though there's a Preller connection--Gallo has said he wants to stay in TX, he'd take a lot to acquire for only a year and the remainder of this season--So I'm all over the place in expectations and just going with what might seem and what I heard are the most reasonable acquisitions. but Preller--that guy--just when you think you got him figured out...Arron Judge--welcome to San Diego!!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• SD gets Daniel Hudson from the Nats

Comment

• Frazier and Hudson, while not bad--is very un-Preller like and unlikely to move the needle on this team. LA has to be the absolute favorite in the division with the SF in the 1st WC and the Padres trying to stave off the Reds/others for the 2nd.

This is assuming there are no other deals in the next 35 mins.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Frazier and Hudson, while not bad--is very un-Preller like and unlikely to move the needle on this team. LA has to be the absolute favorite in the division with the SF in the 1st WC and the Padres trying to stave off the Reds/others for the 2nd.

This is assuming there are no other deals in the next 35 mins.
                                you mean 95?

Comment

Working...
                                X