CIA Reports To Torture or Not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    You said human race, not one segment of it. Genocide is horrible but not the same as saving all of humanity. I'd ask you if you would acknowledge the difference.
    Have it your way. Would you condone torture to stop extinction?

I will try to find some links for you to a free online English comp, that's short for comprehension, class so that you might be better armed going forward.
    I'm glad you are seeking help. Knowing your shortcomings is always the first step. Clearer writing would be a good place for you to start, particularly since communicating to me seems a priority. Thanks for your consideration.

BTW comp is short for composition.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      I'm glad you are seeking help. Knowing your shortcomings is always the first step. Clearer writing would be a good place for you to start, particularly since communicating to me seems a priority. Thanks for your consideration.

J
      And the Gold for Posting at the Special Olympics goes to...........
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Have it your way. Would you condone torture to stop extinction?

J
        If I had it my way, you'd stop being such an ass and answer the question even if it indicts you as an advocate of Torture.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

If I had it my way, you'd stop being such an ass and answer the question even if it indicts you as an advocate of Torture.
          You first.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Every conversation I have with OneJay......

OneJay: Go ahead, make your jokes, Mr. Jokey... Joke-maker. But let me hit you with some knowledge. Quit now. Save yourself the embarrassment of losing.
            GITH: Alliteration aside, I'll take my chances.
            OneJay: Yeah, you will take your chances.
            GITH: I know. I just said that.
            OneJay: I know you just said that.
            GITH: Okay, I'm not sure where you're going with this.
            OneJay: Well, I'm not sure where *you're* going with this.
            GITH: That's what I said.
            OneJay: That's what I'm saying to *you*.
            GITH: All right.
            OneJay: ...Touché.

Rinse, repeat.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Every conversation I have with OneJay......

OneJay: Go ahead, make your jokes, Mr. Jokey... Joke-maker. But let me hit you with some knowledge. Quit now. Save yourself the embarrassment of losing.
              GITH: Alliteration aside, I'll take my chances.
              OneJay: Yeah, you will take your chances.
              GITH: I know. I just said that.
              OneJay: I know you just said that.
              GITH: Okay, I'm not sure where you're going with this.
              OneJay: Well, I'm not sure where *you're* going with this.
              GITH: That's what I said.
              OneJay: That's what I'm saying to *you*.
              GITH: All right.
              OneJay: ...Touché.

Rinse, repeat.
              One more proof you live in a fantasy.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

One more proof you live in a fantasy.

J
                I may indeed live in a fantasy world and what I think may indeed be wrong, but at least I have the balls to state my beliefs and defend them in open forum. I hold myself accountable for everything in my life good or bad right or wrong.

You however do none of this, at least not in my experience on this forum. You sir, shrink from the opportunity to stand up for yourself and your beliefs. You refuse to answer the simplest direct questions and prefer to redirect, obfuscate and ignore any attempt to get you to do so, no matter if it's politely posed or not.

So I give up, you win.........I'll leave you with something else for your GITH obsessive sig line>>>>>>>>

The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.

the end.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

torture is great for when you've got the guy who raped your daughter in your basement, it is completely worthless for gathering information in a military or intelligence setting
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    torture is great for when you've got the guy who raped your daughter in your basement, it is completely worthless for gathering information in a military or intelligence setting
                    Something like this you mean?

Comment

And the Gold for Posting at the Special Olympics goes to...........
                      Your petty battle with this guy aside, people who belittle Special Olympians or compare people they disagree with to those who have challenges are the absolute worst. Volunteer at a Challenger day baseball game (or similar event) and you'll probably come back as being less of a dick.
                      But yeah ha ha retards are funny

Comment

You two are quite amusing in your own little way. Not sure why you bother with each other.

Everything has its price. I'm sure all of us would agree that there is some point in which anything, including torture, is a fair trade for something else we value. How much money would it take for you to kill someone? How many people would you allow to be killed if you could save humankind. If torturing someone would mean blah blah good would happen, would you allow it?

So instead of debating that point, perhaps we should focus more on a discussion if we feel torture is an effective measure of intelligence gathering. Sadly, I don't know, as I've never participated in torturing someone nor have I been tortured. Well, there was the one year I was forced to listen to Christmas music all day Christmas Day....

Or, we could focus on what is going on now: Are you cool with our country torturing people in an effort to gather intelligence in our "War on Terror."

I...am not.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                          Your petty battle with this guy aside, people who belittle Special Olympians or compare people they disagree with to those who have challenges are the absolute worst. Volunteer at a Challenger day baseball game (or similar event) and you'll probably come back as being less of a dick.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

it felt like torture last night at my wife's company's party, which was held at a "mystery dinner theatre." it was atrocious, and there was no free alcohol ($6 per beer, please and thank you), and they even closed the cash bar after the 2nd of the four acts. chewing glass or slicing my eyeballs with razors seemed worth it if it could get me out of there. fortunately it started snowing so we bugged out after the 3rd act, claiming we needed to get away before the roads got bad, even though we live only about 6 blocks from the hotel where it was held.
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                              I am a dick at times and I own that. And I agree that Special Olympians rock and that's its somewhat insulting to compare them to OneJay. As to spending a day with those who have challenged either physically, mentally or both--I'd wager I have spent MORE time with those who are challenged than anyone here who isn't a special ed teacher or has a special needs child. I'll PM you with the details, but I really don't think that was your reason for posting here. You see I find it somewhat telling that your FIRST post in this thread is not about the subject at hand, our county's torture of others and the morality and consequence of it. It's also not to urge OneJay to back up his earlier statements or explain his position regarding the same subject, nor to acknowledge his incessant dodging of a direct question. It is to, and I can't believe it surprises me, to once again chide me for my behavior as you did in your last post to me in a similar situation 2 years ago.

I get it, you don't like what I say or how I say it. I am the WORST and constantly display POOR TASTE. Well that's my cross to bear and I'll tote it, but at least I stand behind my beliefs even if I don't always express them in the manner you and others think is most appropriate.

So now that we have gotten that out of the way feel free to contribute your thoughts on the topic I'm sure they'd be interesting.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                                You two are quite amusing in your own little way. Not sure why you bother with each other.

Everything has its price. I'm sure all of us would agree that there is some point in which anything, including torture, is a fair trade for something else we value. How much money would it take for you to kill someone? How many people would you allow to be killed if you could save humankind. If torturing someone would mean blah blah good would happen, would you allow it?

So instead of debating that point, perhaps we should focus more on a discussion if we feel torture is an effective measure of intelligence gathering. Sadly, I don't know, as I've never participated in torturing someone nor have I been tortured. Well, there was the one year I was forced to listen to Christmas music all day Christmas Day....

Or, we could focus on what is going on now: Are you cool with our country torturing people in an effort to gather intelligence in our "War on Terror."

I...am not.
                                Neither am I and yeah I get that the OneJay feud thing is tiring, for me as well. I just have issue letting people slide when it comes to accountability and it seems like OneJay has a pad full of free passes in here. But like I said, he wins. I'm done trying to edify him.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X