Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horror movies you will watch between now and Halloween?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror movies you will watch between now and Halloween?

I am thinking I am going to watch Dracula with Bela Lugosi this weekend.

Probably do some surfing and catch a few.

I am stopped by a diner in Sandwich IL and they have Lake Placid on their tv. That was a fun movie.

How about you?

Does 14 episodes in a row of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse count as a "horror movie?" Because there aren't that many things more terrifying than a MMC marathon.

It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse....come inside it's fun inside....

Comment

Trick r Treat is a great movie to kick off the Halloween season. I love the old classics too. I want to introduce my kids to them but they're a bit young and don't really appreciate black and white. I was going to start off with Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein but they won't watch B&W.

I'm so glad that my kids are done with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for the most part - now that I don't watch it 5 times consecutively it doesn't bother me as much. Of course, watching Spongebob 4 times in a row isn't much better.

Comment

Hocus Pocus on the menu for tonight. Can't be scary for the 3 year old Grandson. Should be fun.

Comment

I've never enjoyed horror movies as much as I wish. I guess I like mystery-horror. sci-fi horror is good too. I got this movie on a $5 4 movie CD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7v7Bw0MEI free on youtube. it's about a carnival guy with a mermaid. the other movie was anaconda, but that's not a Halloween movie, and 2 others I didn't watch. I like the small town mystery/horror. the 2000 tv/movie the spring with alison eastwood, ones like that. surprisingly I don't really like stephen king movies.

one of the worst movies I've seen is ghosts of mars. even ice cube and natasha henstridge can't save that movie. I couldn't turn it off it was so bad.
          Last edited by ; 10-26-2014, 09:22 AM.

Comment

My Grandson liked the Hocus Pocus movie very much. Created a lot of questions. He was really impressed with the talking cat.

Comment

Grandson is now 10. He told us that he chose and finished the book Frankenstein for his 5th grade reading project.

I asked him if he wanted to watch the 1931 Frankenstein on Friday night. He said yes. He didn't find it very scary, but we had a great time. He liked it enough to sign up for Bride of Frankenstein in the near future.

Comment

My 11 year old loves horror, so I have a whole slate of movies queued up.

I just put out some of my Halloween decorations yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  My 11 year old loves horror, so I have a whole slate of movies queued up.

I just put out some of my Halloween decorations yesterday.
                  Have him watch A Quiet Place and report back so I can know whether to let my kid watch it, too. Not much gore but very intense.

Edit: I guess that’s not really a Halloween movie lol.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

my girls (9 and 11 at the time) watched Quiet Place and loved it. They want to watch the sequel now.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                      my girls (9 and 11 at the time) watched Quiet Place and loved it. They want to watch the sequel now.
                      Awesome, thanks!
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I watch mostly the old B&W "horror" movies. And some of the Hammer Studios movies.

I really enjoy the movie "Trick r Treat" movie from 2007
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          Does 14 episodes in a row of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse count as a "horror movie?" Because there aren't that many things more terrifying than a MMC marathon.

It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse....come inside it's fun inside....
                          I have lost sleep from having Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog in my brain non-stop, so yeah, I agree. That is some Clock Orange type stuff.

Comment

I've been off horror movies lately, but I'm fond of the Creepshow movies, and anthology horror movies in general, and shows like Tales from the Crypt. Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knights is not an anthology, but it one of the most underrated horror movies imo. Love that one.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                              I thought the sequel was pretty exceelent, by the way, albeit not quite on par with the first one. Still, helluva movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X