Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horror movies you will watch between now and Halloween?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs. Gregg and I are taking our Grandson to see Halloween Ends tonight.

I am not expecting much, but it needs to be done. We haven't been to the theater with our Grandson for a couple of years. His request so we jumped on the opportunity.

Tomorrow will will be introducing him and our 27 year old daughter to the 1982 Kurt Russell version of The Thing. No that is a fine movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Mrs. Gregg and I are taking our Grandson to see Halloween Ends tonight.

I am not expecting much, but it needs to be done. We haven't been to the theater with our Grandson for a couple of years. His request so we jumped on the opportunity.

Tomorrow will will be introducing him and our 27 year old daughter to the 1982 Kurt Russell version of The Thing. No that is a fine movie.
      I remember you hated the last Halloween series movie. Hope it's wrapped up in a satisfying way. Perhaps the last one was unsatisfying because they saved the good stuff for the finale. I loved some aspects of the last one, but I'm not a huge fan of the franchise. The best one is the 3rd film, season of the witch, IMO. Also, this David Gordon Green trilogy is a million times better than the bleak Rob Zombie ones. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

The Thing is one of the best horror movies of all time. Good choice.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        I remember you hated the last Halloween series movie. Hope it's wrapped up in a satisfying way. Perhaps the last one was unsatisfying because they saved the good stuff for the finale. I loved some aspects of the last one, but I'm not a huge fan of the franchise. The best one is the 3rd film, season of the witch, IMO. Also, this David Gordon Green trilogy is a million times better than the bleak Rob Zombie ones. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

The Thing is one of the best horror movies of all time. Good choice.
        Thank you. We all enjoyed this one better than the last one. There were a couple of good jumps. While it won't win any awards we did have fun.

Comment

I am a horror anthology fan, especially the EC Horror inspired ones from my youth like Creep Show 1 and 2, Tales from the Darkside: The Movie, and Tales from the Hood. Having seen many, I dug deeper and found what may be the very first of this type of framed anthology--Dead of Night, a 1945 movie. It holds up really well, despite not having the gore and jump scares of more modern horror. If you like old black and white movies and anthology horror, I recommend it.

ETA: I forgot to mention--it is the origin of scary puppets. This is the one that started that whole trend.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-16-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Thank you. We all enjoyed this one better than the last one. There were a couple of good jumps. While it won't win any awards we did have fun.
            Funny that Halloween Ends includes a clip of the babysitter and kid watching The Thing! Unbelievable that you chose to watch these two back to back, and very cool for the grandkids that they see a small clip and then the real thing.

I really enjoyed Halloween Ends. It felt more like a side-story, as Michael Myers takes a backseat for the majority of the movie. But the main plot was really engaging, despite a lack of Myers and a lack of kills overall. I had a few really good laughs too. Satisfying way to wrap up the Laurie Strode/Michael Myers saga.

I'm curious to hear about how much the kids loved The Thing. They had to love it, right?
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              Funny that Halloween Ends includes a clip of the babysitter and kid watching The Thing! Unbelievable that you chose to watch these two back to back, and very cool for the grandkids that they see a small clip and then the real thing.

I really enjoyed Halloween Ends. It felt more like a side-story, as Michael Myers takes a backseat for the majority of the movie. But the main plot was really engaging, despite a lack of Myers and a lack of kills overall. I had a few really good laughs too. Satisfying way to wrap up the Laurie Strode/Michael Myers saga.

I'm curious to hear about how much the kids loved The Thing. They had to love it, right?
              Agree on your take on Ends.

MY Daughter and her boyfriend really enjoyed The Thing. My Grandson was a bit preoccupied and got a little bored with the beginning so we let him go to an upstairs bedroom to play videos. I think it may have been that we were watching it before his hockey game.

There was one point when my 27 year old Daughter screamed out loud and then gagged, laughed, gagged again, laughed at her own gagging and then gagged the third time to finish it off. Ahh good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I am a horror anthology fan, especially the EC Horror inspired ones from my youth like Creep Show 1 and 2, Tales from the Darkside: The Movie, and Tales from the Hood. Having seen many, I dug deeper and found what may be the very first of this type of framed anthology--Dead of Night, a 1945 movie. It holds up really well, despite not having the gore and jump scares of more modern horror. If you like old black and white movies and anthology horror, I recommend it.

ETA: I forgot to mention--it is the origin of scary puppets. This is the one that started that whole trend.
                Good call on Dead of Night. Mrs. Gregg and I watched it as part of our Sunday Night double feature. We both enjoyed it. Puppet was very good. I liked the mirror and how they handled that progression.

Comment

Good call on Dead of Night. Mrs. Gregg and I watched it as part of our Sunday Night double feature. We both enjoyed it. Puppet was very good. I liked the mirror and how they handled that progression.
                  Glad you both liked it. Next up for me is going to be Werewolf by Night...I'd like it to be our next Saturday night move, but Mrs. Sour Masher says it is too short to count (54 minutes), so we will try to fit it in during the week. It is also in black and white, to give it an old school feel. It looks like good, campy fun. It is on Disney and is part of the MCU, but looks pretty different.

Comment

growing up I was a huge fan of Kolshak: The Night Stalker. I'm sure the effects look comical these days, but I may have to try and see if it is streaming anywhere.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      growing up I was a huge fan of Kolshak: The Night Stalker. I'm sure the effects look comical these days, but I may have to try and see if it is streaming anywhere.
                      I'd check out those new fangled apps first.
                      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                      X