Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horror movies you will watch between now and Halloween?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
    We watched The Black Phone last night - pretty intense, creepy, and suspenseful. Solid flick.
    Yeah, I was impressed by it too. Interesting premise, well executed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Yeah, I was impressed by it too. Interesting premise, well executed.
      thirded - good one.

Comment

I watched a couple in theaters lately.

The Barbarian - can really break down into 3 different acts - act 1, great - suspenseful, surprising, act 2, good followup and backstory, act 3, eh... pretty cheesy and filled with typical horror tropes.
        Smile - lots of jump scares. Overall a good scary movie. I was hoping there was more to it though - there's not a ton that's not covered in previews. Similar to Barbarian the beginning is great and it goes a bit downhill

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          My Grandson liked the Hocus Pocus movie very much. Created a lot of questions. He was really impressed with the talking cat.
          Well, Mrs. Gregg, Grandson and Papa watched Hocus Pocus 2. It needed to be done. I would like to say it was excellent but it was not. It was just ok. It certainly fed off the nostalgia and bumped up against the jokes of the original. But that was not enough to save it.

I think they waited too long to make the sequel (singing chops were not there). I am not sad that we watched it but I will not watch it again.

Comment

Well, Mrs. Gregg, Grandson and Papa watched Hocus Pocus 2. It needed to be done. I would like to say it was excellent but it was not. It was just ok. It certainly fed off the nostalgia and bumped up against the jokes of the original. But that was not enough to save it.

I think they waited too long to make the sequel (singing chops were not there). I am not sad that we watched it but I will not watch it again.
            I mean, the first one wasn't going to win an Oscar either. I agree that it was not excellent. But I wasn't expecting anything close to excellent either!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I mean, the first one wasn't going to win an Oscar either. I agree that it was not excellent. But I wasn't expecting anything close to excellent either!
              Hocus Pocus wasn't HISTORIC ?
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Hocus Pocus wasn't HISTORIC ?
                Hah!

As this forum has proven, historic and excellent are often very dissimilar adjectives.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I thought the first one delivered much more than I expected. The second one much much less (and I didn't expect much). Some laugh out loud moments in the first one. A chuckle or two in the second.

Comment

I thought the first one delivered much more than I expected. The second one much much less (and I didn't expect much). Some laugh out loud moments in the first one. A chuckle or two in the second.
                    Gotcha - they both seemed very similar to me -> extremely campy, as expected, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Comment

In addition to all of the Universal Studios black and white monster classics, I also enjoy the first two Jeepers Creepers movies. Not sure why though.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Watched the new Hellraiser movie on Hulu last night because my 12-yr old loooves horror movies. He liked it. Me? Meh. Most unexceeelent.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          In addition to all of the Universal Studios black and white monster classics, I also enjoy the first two Jeepers Creepers movies. Not sure why though.
                          I too enjoy the first two Jeepers Creepers movies. I did think the first one was more suspenseful and scarier than the second. It is indeed Exceelent.

Comment

I too enjoy the first two Jeepers Creepers movies. I did think the first one was more suspenseful and scarier than the second. It is indeed Exceelent.
                            The creepiest thing about Jeepers Creepers is that it was written and directed by a convicted pedophile. All of his movies are about a misunderstood character as a placeholder for a pedo, starting with Powder (in my opinion). There's even a pedo joke in JC 3.

I can't unlearn what I know and can't support or enjoy his movies knowing what I know.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Watched the new Hellraiser movie on Hulu last night because my 12-yr old loooves horror movies. He liked it. Me? Meh. Most unexceeelent.
                              You should buy him the 50 shades of Grey books... Hellraiser is just a convoluted S&M fantasy, is it not? I've only seen the first 3, which started out mediocre at best and turned dumb quick. I can't imagine how bad the next 7 straight to video jobs were... although I guess the fans are cracking their whips in excitement for the new one.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                You should buy him the 50 shades of Grey books... Hellraiser is just a convoluted S&M fantasy, is it not? I've only seen the first 3, which started out mediocre at best and turned dumb quick. I can't imagine how bad the next 7 straight to video jobs were... although I guess the fans are cracking their whips in excitement for the new one.
                                I only saw the first one, so can't speak to how the franchise may have morphed into dark S&M, but the first one was a thinly veiled allegory of the destructiveness of addiction.

Comment

Working...
                                X