internet 'backround radiation' security and why you need a real firewall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet 'backround radiation' security and why you need a real firewall

so after loading up on malware i had to eventually reinstall windows. and this post isn't an advertisement obviously. luckly i had an acer computer. and i held the alt+f10 key and a screen came up that allowed me to reinstall windows to the factory default. and it had an option to install mcafee security center so i did. im not big on antivirus but why not give it a try. and this thing is great. it'ts light and it taught me how much activity is going on behind the scenes. most important was the firewall. i learned that every 5-10 sec's something is trying to connect to a port on my computer. and it's happening to you too. i goto the internet incoming connections log and boom! some of it's legit, but a lot of it isn't. also it looks at web pages before i go there, and so many times it's blocked really bad sites. ones that install trojans just by visiting. sports like stream2.me and thats what they are pinging your ports for, a tojan trying to phone home.

it has a stealth mode that blocks your ports from that stuff but doesn't inhibit your normal use. and you can test it at https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 (the shieldsup website) i got a perfect 100% score.

and there's really bad things out there like the shodan.io search engine. this thing allows ppl to try to connect to any remote hardware, even baby monitors. there are also some funny things, like ppl doing gopher server searches, and like gopher was the precursor to the internet. so anyone doing gopher searches are really bored.

a real firewall is so much more important than an antivirus. it's like protecting your home, a firewall prevents the break in, an antivirus is the cops after you've been broken into.

i'll give you a screenshot. see how it's 300 pages long, that accumulates in less than an hour. and im not a paranoid guy, but it's true. you knobs are being filled every 5 secs. and it's the only way to prevent it. also i want to say google sucks. i also monitor my outgoing connections, and their we browser try's to update every frigging half hour. but only once a day if i delete the files. i can't even disable it. but i can always block it with a firewall.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ; 10-01-2014, 10:45 AM.

here i only have to goto page 3 to find someone scanning me for a trojan.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X