Comedian John Pinette RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comedian John Pinette RIP

I know this was posted in the Dead Pool but I think he deserves his own thread.

John you brought a lot laughs to a lot of people.

That wasn't that funny...
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

he had some really good "GET OFF THE LINE!" stuff
      like a customer in front of him at KFC asking the cashier, "So, what's good here?"
      "CHICKEN! GET OFF THE LINE!"

lol
      RIP
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Ha this guy always cracked me up. RIP
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

It's rare I feel saddened at the passing of a celebrity but I was sad to hear of Jon's death. Loved his comedy. Fun performance in The Punisher as Bumpo. Nay-Nay

Comment

Originally posted by Archon View Post
            It's rare I feel saddened at the passing of a celebrity but I was sad to hear of Jon's death. Loved his comedy. Fun performance in The Punisher as Bumpo. Nay-Nay
            Totally forgot about Bumpo! Great stuff from an underrated comic adaptation, before CGI ruined the whole thing.

Hard to take his comedy at face value regarding food. His agenda on stage was to talk about being fat, and eating awful food, and then justifying it with emotional shouting. I know that everybody has their own journey in life, it's just sad to see people taking the fast lane. With nobody telling them to slow down. Especially with fat comics, it's their entire career. Pinette would have zero stage act without his fat guy shtick. Or at the very least, that's a good reason to never seek change.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

He had lost considerable weight in the past few years and worked it into his act. His act was funny and he occasionally interjected "I know food...you know I know food". Got a laugh, but didn't really enhance his bit. Most of his comedy was about food, not about being fat. And his trademark "nay nay" line was funny in its timing and delivery.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
              X