Clear All

• Stephen Skipped
    TheGaffer UP
    Bucky
    Chancellor
    Overkill
    Mith

Comment

• 12.14 Queens of Noise - The Runaways (1977)

This is some cool stuff, no?

Comment

• 12.15 Dressed to Kill - KISS (1975)

Time for me to get my KISS album, this is actually my favorite; Destroyer and KISS are a very close second and third. This album would actually be better if Rock and Roll All Nite was not on this album, it's too cheesy, even for KISS and that's saying a lot.

Favorite song; the opening is so good with the guitar and drums. Ace always wrote the best songs.

Entire album:
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• FOR CHANCELLOR:

12.16 Agents of Fortune - Blue Oyster Cult (1976)

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• 12.17 Bad Reputation - Thin Lizzy (1977)

I was bummed that Jailbreak went so early, but this one's a nice consolation prize. The title track's got a great hard funk going on, "Soldier of Fortune" has a similar sound to Jailbreak's "Cowboy Song" (in a good way), and "Southbound" is a good mid-paced rocker.

Last edited by overkill94; 01-13-2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• 12.18 Tyranny and Mutation - Blue Oyster Cult (1973)

Last edited by Mithrandir; 01-13-2014, 04:53 PM.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• 13.01 Birds of Fire - Mahavishnu Orchestra (1973)

I hadn't listened to this album in a long long time. This draft got me digging through my albums again and i found this classic.

Last edited by Mithrandir; 01-13-2014, 04:54 PM.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• 12.08 Trans Europa Express - Kraftwerk (1977)

This still sounds like it could have come out today. This one has been the background track for many a game night for me.

Comment

• At bat: overkill94 (13.02)
                    On deck: chancellor (13.03)
                    In the hole: BuckyBuckner (13.04)

Play ball!
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Sorry guys, just got home:

13.02 Stained Class - Judas Priest (1978)

It's about time to break the seal on the other heavy metal pioneer from the 70's. The only thing holding this one back is a thin production, but there are some powerhouse songs on here.

The ripping lead track:

An epic ballad:

and the galloping title track:

Comment

• 13.03 Tales of Mystery and Imagination - The Alan Parsons Project (1976)

Some call it prog, others art rock, but all I know is the first of the Project's work remains their best. Creating music to Edgar Allen Poe's work is no small challenge, but they did so brilliantly. The Cask of Amontillado and Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether are just great rock, and the Fall of the House of Usher is heavy-duty orchestrated rock.
                        Last edited by chancellor; 01-13-2014, 10:15 PM.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Sorry for the delay, I was out killing my knee playing hockey.

13.04 The Undertones - The Undertones (1979)

Here's yet another great punk album that Foot missed out on. These guys really had the pop part of punk down but still have the edge to not be too poppy.

Full album:

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• FOR THEGAFFER:

13.05 Pendulum - Creedence Clearwater Revival (1970)

Comment

• FOR LUCKY:

13.06 Killer - Alice Cooper (1971)

Comment

• 13.05 - Pendulum - Creedence Clearwater Revival (1970)

No, it's not anywhere close to being their best album, but it isn't bad. Some good songs: Pagan Baby, Hey Tonight, Have You Ever Seen the Rain, a couple others.

Nuts - 2 minutes ago when I looked, Erik hadn't posted anything. Well, as said, there it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X