*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A more recent picture - we're in the local paper today
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• By the looks of our "teams", the progeny of this draft are going to experience a somewhat depressing musical indoctrination process

------------

Should have picked my next record already. Will be mildly PO'd if it gets snagged.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        By the looks of our "teams", the progeny of this draft are going to experience a somewhat depressing musical indoctrination process

------------

Should have picked my next record already. Will be mildly PO'd if it gets snagged.
        Hey, we just listened to London Calling on the way back from my in-laws....ok, some Lorde too
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          Hey, we just listened to London Calling on the way back from my in-laws....ok, some Lorde too
          Could be a lot worse than that

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            This is my favorite Morhine track, don't think anyone has posted it so far
            Never listened to these guys before but that was a great song, I'll be checking them out.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• This is the pic I used when I wrote for Fanball in 2010. I don't have anything more recent that's any good.

ES head shot.jpg
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I can't believe ElD just got snaked

I like that Sarah McLachlan album
                her body isnt that hot but is still has a verrrry sexy vibe
                just stop playing her mangled animal commercial - it scares all of us

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  I can't believe ElD just got snaked

I like that Sarah McLachlan album
                  her body isnt that hot but is still has a verrrry sexy vibe
                  just stop playing her mangled animal commercial - it scares all of us
                  I really like her music..and her body is pretty hot!!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Yeah, the animal commercial is absolutely the worst! However, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy was the soundtrack of many high school make out (and more) sessions and as such will forever be associated with good times.

Is it weird that I now relate Sarah McLachlan to both sex and battered animals?

Comment

• Her first two albums are solid as well.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Sarah McLachlan is another Hootie and the Blowfish ... sells a gazillion records in the States, but completely unknown over here.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Her first two albums are solid as well.
                          Agreed DMT. I love her entire catalog. Surfacing is another really solid album. It got played to death, but "Building a Mystery" is a fantastic track.

Comment

• McLachlan is on my list. Maybe this round.....if i want it
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Fumbling Towards Ecstasy is brilliant. Every song is expertly crafted and catchy. McLachlan was a force to be reckoned with before she became a parody of herself. Solace was a great album as well. Her other '90s stuff was hit-and-miss. Her '00s stuff, the less said, the better. And PLEASE stop airing those animal ads. For God's sake.

I have seen her live twice; my ex was a huge fan.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                                Fumbling Towards Ecstasy is brilliant. Every song is expertly crafted and catchy. McLachlan was a force to be reckoned with before she became a parody of herself. Solace was a great album as well. Her other '90s stuff was hit-and-miss. Her '00s stuff, the less said, the better. And PLEASE stop airing those animal ads. For God's sake.

I have seen her live twice; my ex was a huge fan.
                                I though we were not to mention albums that are eligible but not yet picked?

Comment

Working...
                                X