No announcement yet.

*** Post-1979 Album Draft - Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have an up-to-date picture. I'm down 50 since starting the diet on Labor Day, so while I am still a fat bastard, I am not the fat bastard I used to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      I don't have an up-to-date picture. I'm down 50 since starting the diet on Labor Day, so while I am still a fat bastard, I am not the fat bastard I used to be.
      50 since Labor Day?! Outstanding.

That's pretty cool, and inspirational, because for the first time in my life I need to drop 20-30, before I go to Costa Rica next March. Makes me think I can do it...
      One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Summer 2012

178.jpg
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• here's me showing off my spanish...

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            here's me showing off my spanish...

You look absolutely nothing like i have pictured you! I always pictured you as more of a hipster...
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• What EZ Eagle thinks I look like

anne_jarvis_1247004c.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post

That's pretty cool, and inspirational, because for the first time in my life I need to drop 20-30, before I go to Costa Rica next March. Makes me think I can do it...
                If you're renting a car 4x4 is absolutely essential. Manuel Antonio NP is one of the coolest places I've ever been, enjoy!
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Summer 2012

[ATTACH=CONFIG]445[/ATTACH]
                  Are you wearing that same shirt right now?
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Are you wearing that same shirt right now?
                    Maybe!!! You know I had to post a pic of me in a Rush shirt

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      Maybe!!! You know I had to post a pic of me in a Rush shirt
                      Of course...I pictured you with long gray hair for some reason.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post

Started losing for a big job interview, and dropped nearly 30 the first month. Most of the rest has been since I've been stuck in NC.

I lost way too much way too fast, which isn't the healthy way to do it, since I have no standard regimen to which return. Now I'm just trying to stabilize a bit, drop another ten before the new year.

I made a lot of mistakes, like just not eating. You feel lousy, and you start to fall down a lot. Then your body starts hoarding every morsel you give it. All bad things. I know now that you have to eat often, but be careful what you eat. And even with the bad back and knees, I can do some exercises now which were unavailable before.

So you could do 20-30 by Costa Rica, no problem.

Comment

• Ha, Mith, I see that Caress Of Steel T-shirt! You look totally different from what I expected, I must say.

FB looking very debonair....

Comment

Again I'm having trouble computing. If we tallied up the number of critical comments on others' picks, you are in first place by a pretty wide margin.

ETA: ElD had a fast start out of the gate, and Pogues has been charging late, but you're still in the lead.
                            I'm an opinionated fuck when it comes to music. But at least it helps others understand what I do and don't like.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

If you're renting a car 4x4 is absolutely essential. Manuel Antonio NP is one of the coolest places I've ever been, enjoy!
                              It'll be my 5th trip! My brothers and buddies and I have been going every two years on a guys' vacation, no wives/girlfriends allowed.

Manuel Antonio is most definitely the joint, this time we're gonna be in the more Baja-like northwest at the quiet beach town of Playa Hermosa. We go for 10 days: 3 days at Arenal volcano up in the rain forest, then a week at the beach. Between 5 guys you can rent amazing luxury villas with infinity pools for only about $700-800 each for the week, can't recommend it enough.

Comment

• I am digging some of the Morphine songs...especially "Have a Lucky Day" and "You Speak My Language"

Comment

Working...
                                X