X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
    Melty Face
    yep, Melty Face
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      agree 100%, Frank needs the rest of them to do his best work
      Yeah, my buddy tried to get me to go see the current "Pixies" tour. $75 a pop for tickets. And no Kim Deal.

No deal.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Almost 80 picks in before our 1st Police pick, shocked!
        I kept waiting and waiting, and finally said fuck it....
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Love the Police. Too bad they couldn't get along..
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• from FB

The Police and the Talking Heads were the bands that got me out of my Kiss/Van Halen/Kansas juvenile music phase. I know I should probably be taking another Police album here, but Ghost in the Machine is my personal favorite of their studio albums

I agree completely but would add Elvis Costello to that list
            and Ghost might be a fave too - but the others suit me fine too

Comment

• This is a little off topic, but is anyone here interested in a ready made collection of The Beatles or U2 CDs? I'm clearing out some stuff in the house as we're getting closer to the new house being sold and I think we're sort of subsidizing CDs in general.

The Beatles Collection includes:
              The White Album
              Please Please Me
              Live at the BBC
              1967-1970 (The Blue Album)
              1962-1966 (The Red Album)
              Magical Mystery Tour
              Abbey Road (Sealed)
              Let It Be
              Yellow Submarine
              Help!
              Revolver
              Rubber Soul
              Beatles for Sale
              A Hard Day's Night
              with the Beatles
              Lennon Legend

The U2 set includes
              Wide Awake in America
              The Joshua Tree
              The Unforgettable Fire
              Rattle and Hum
              Achtung Baby
              Zooropa
              Pop
              How To Dismantle and Atomic Bomb

I'm probably going to list them on half.com or take them to the local used music store to trade in on credit to buy some vinyl so I figured I'd open it up to the RJ Family first. I'd prefer to sell by collection if possible, but I'll consider individual discs to the ones of you that I like.

Comment

• Add Morrissey to the Billy Corgan, Courtney love misfits (assclown) club.
                Last edited by johnnya24; 11-13-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  And Morrissey to the Billy Corgan, Courtney love misfits club.
                  Yes. He's a lifetime member of the Assclown Club. And why I could never really get into The Smiths despite Marr's brilliance.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    I never heard Bankstatement. Given the lust by record companies and radio stations in the '80s for projects by current and former members of Genesis, Bankstatement must've been REALLY bad in order to get no commercial traction at all.
                    Nothing worse than Tony Banks solo LPs. Even worse than Mike & The Mechanics. And I love the guy, too.
                    One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• I was going to take the Smiths, guess I'll screw Pogues instead.....

Comment

• Brits would be horrified we waited till the 81st pick for the first Smiths album. I'll bet I can wait for the one I want, now that Johnny played his Smiths card.
                        One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
                          Brits would be horrified we waited till the 81st pick for the first Smiths album. I'll bet I can wait for the one I want, now that Johnny played his Smiths card.
                          I would have taken Rank by the 2nd round if it was an option.
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I will go to my grave never understanding the appeal of The Smiths. One syllable of Morrissey's singing, and it's "AAAAAAHHHHHH, make it stop make it stop MAKE IT STOP!" I want to kill puppies and babies when I hear him sing. When I die and go to hell, Satan will put me in a room with no exit, piping in Morrissey for all eternity.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not a fan.
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
                              Brits would be horrified we waited till the 81st pick for the first Smiths album. I'll bet I can wait for the one I want, now that Johnny played his Smiths card.
                              NME just voted it the greatest record of all time, so yeah, probably wouldn't have made it past the first few picks in a UK draft (not that anyone here would have a clue what a draft is).

Certainly don't agree it's the greatest of all time of course, but it's a great record. Also, I thought it would match up well with the Joy Division pick. That's the cool thing about turn picks, you get to match pairs.

Comment

• How popular is Fairytale of New York in the US ... it's ubiquitous here at Xmas, despite the lyrics.

Comment

Working...
                                X