The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    It made sense to me...He was done in by his own weakness of forgiving that cowardly douchebag and giving him too many chances.
    That's a good point. I thought for a minute the douch was going to jump into the crowd and try to give Glenn a small window to escape, but then he took the bullet. Still, it was pretty random that it happened to cause Glenn to fall off the dumpster into the zombies, wasn't it?

Anyone see Talking Dead? Did they explain?

Comment

• That would be completely ridiculous...hundreds of insatiable zombies are going to stop devouring after a single person? After reading these posts I read an article suggesting it might be a dream/hallucination but that just sounds like wishful thinking to me.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
        I caught the first minute and it looked to be a somber grief counseling hour. But I did record it.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          That would be completely ridiculous...hundreds of insatiable zombies are going to stop devouring after a single person? After reading these posts I read an article suggesting it might be a dream/hallucination but that just sounds like wishful thinking to me.
          Well, I wasn't saying it would be like a picnic. It would be more like "Squirrel!!"

Comment

That's a good point. I thought for a minute the douch was going to jump into the crowd and try to give Glenn a small window to escape, but then he took the bullet. Still, it was pretty random that it happened to cause Glenn to fall off the dumpster into the zombies, wasn't it?

I was thinking Nick was going to jump into the crowd as well. But instead he stayed true to himself and was a coward.

I watched Talking Dead, they didn't really talk about how he took Glenn with him. It sort of looked like Glenn reached out to catch him, but Nick would not have fallen forward after shooting himself like that. They did talk about how it could have been Nick's guts they were eating, but I do agree with FB, he's dead. They read this statement from Scott Gimple on the Talking Dead last night.

“Dear fans of ‘The Walking Dead,’ this is a hard story to tell and when we were planning to tell it, we knew our friends at ‘The Talking Dead’ would be talking to you about it. And knowing you’d all be talking and feeling and commiserating, I knew we should say something about it, lest our silence say something we didn’t mean to say or not say. So I’ll say this: In some way, we will see Glenn, some version of Glenn, or parts of Glenn again, either in flashback or in the current story, to help complete the story.” - See more at: https://www.thewrap.com/the-walking-....DOcqYFaK.dpuf
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              I was thinking Nick was going to jump into the crowd as well. But instead he stayed true to himself and was a coward.

I watched Talking Dead, they didn't really talk about how he took Glenn with him. It sort of looked like Glenn reached out to catch him, but Nick would not have fallen forward after shooting himself like that. They did talk about how it could have been Nick's guts they were eating, but I do agree with FB, he's dead. They read this statement from Scott Gimple on the Talking Dead last night.
              From what they said on Talking Dead, I am betting that Glenn returns as a zombie at some point. They didn't have him on the show since they usually do a farewell appearance when the character dies. I love Glenn but at this point, there shouldn't be any take backs. Any way that he gets out of that situation could ruin what has so far been a stellar beginning to this season.

On another note, I hated the whole zombie horde relocation idea from the start, but now with all these people getting killed off left and right, do you think that Rick will face any kind of repercussions from this idea of his? I guess you could argue that the wolves would have attacked anyway, but Rick's gang could have been there to help protect the town. Why couldn't they have shored up those trucks so they wouldn't get through or blast the road away so they couldn't climb back up? So they were making noise and attracting more zombies? Isn't it a good thing that they're all getting attracted to a pit?

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                From what they said on Talking Dead, I am betting that Glenn returns as a zombie at some point. They didn't have him on the show since they usually do a farewell appearance when the character dies. I love Glenn but at this point, there shouldn't be any take backs. Any way that he gets out of that situation could ruin what has so far been a stellar beginning to this season.

On another note, I hated the whole zombie horde relocation idea from the start, but now with all these people getting killed off left and right, do you think that Rick will face any kind of repercussions from this idea of his? I guess you could argue that the wolves would have attacked anyway, but Rick's gang could have been there to help protect the town. Why couldn't they have shored up those trucks so they wouldn't get through or blast the road away so they couldn't climb back up? So they were making noise and attracting more zombies? Isn't it a good thing that they're all getting attracted to a pit?
                I agree about not liking the plan, but they showed how that semi had been obstruction their exit but them it fell over the cliff so it was only a matter of time until they escaped.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• A thought just occurred to me. How the hell did his gun still have any bullets left in it? Do you think he saved one specifically for this? Do you buy that he would have the wits to actually keep track of how many bullets he has left while the zombies are rushing them?

Comment

• I knew he was to die this season if they followed the comics. This is not how he went in the comics. His comic death was more gruesome. This was still shocking.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

You never actually saw Glenn get chomped on. You couldn't see for sure that those guts were coming out of Glenn. Was that just because he was a beloved character and they didn't want to show gross sh*t happening to him? Or were they leaving a semi-plausible way out? Glenn has escaped several situations that were hopeless. Maybe not this hopeless, but I won't be surprised to see him again. It wasn't like Noah or Bob or the big guy (when they went on their purge of all black guys). (You've noticed, I'm sure that they have reloaded with some new black guys, including bringing back Harland or Gayland or whatever his hame is, badass with an oak stick.)
                      This was my first thought as well, that he was underneath Nick and you never actually saw Glenn get ate up. But then again, I don't read the comics and was unaware he gets killed off around this time there. If he is gone, that would kind of suck -- I don't think they've really developed any characters to take his place. None of Abraham's crew have really stepped up to fill the void in the group.

Comment

• Would this be the most major character they have killed off so far?

Comment

• Doesn't Glen still have that flash-pack of explosives? The one they were going to use to ignite the feed store? So maybe he ignites that to make some sort of escape.

Then he makes his way back to Alexandria, where (a) he discovers he's been bitten, or (b) is captured on the way home by the Wolves, who beat him to death in sight of home and Maggie.
                          “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                            Doesn't Glen still have that flash-pack of explosives? The one they were going to use to ignite the feed store? So maybe he ignites that to make some sort of escape.

Then he makes his way back to Alexandria, where (a) he discovers he's been bitten, or (b) is captured on the way home by the Wolves, who beat him to death in sight of home and Maggie.
                            Interesting point.
                            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Oh, yeah. I've been meaning to ask.

How is it that a walker can crawl for miles to get you, and can bend down on the highway and get you while you are hiding under a truck, but 20,000 walkers can't figure out how to go under a box trailer to get out of a quarry?

Comment

Would this be the most major character they have killed off so far?
                                TV yes. Though you could somewhat argue Shane was a major kill off in season 2, but his character was going too crazy for me. Now if they off Carol that will be the same as Glenn.

For the comic no. Tyreese in the comic was a bigger character than Glenn and I feel his death at the hands of the Governor (not Hershel) really hurt the group. He and Rick were really close and Tyreese was the muscle of the group then.

Comment

Working...
                                X