Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walking Dead

You know the drill ...

Kinda disappointed with the first episode. The new characters are not as good as the ones they killed off (yet) ... and kids ... lots of kids ... ugh! Hopefully Harry Anakin Potter sorts them out next week.

Still, a couple of Wire alumni has to be grounds for hope.

I liked the Rick/crazy-cannibal lady part ... that slow burning tension is what The Walking Dead does best. The zombies falling from the roof scene was too computer gamey for my liking. Seemed, looked and felt stage managed. I guess the zombies on the roof couldn't hear the boom box ... but they go nuts when a rack falls over? I'm doing it again ... STOP! It's just a TV show!

Comment

saw a tweet that this episode got 5 MILLION more viewers in the U.S. than the Breaking Bad finale

#twoshowsihaveneverseen
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Was that crazy cannibal lady from Game of Thrones?

Comment

The end of the show has me intrigued. I wonder if we are seeing a change with how people change.
          拖裤子,
          放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            saw a tweet that this episode got 5 MILLION more viewers in the U.S. than the Breaking Bad finale

#twoshowsihaveneverseen
            I'm pretty sure it's the highest rated cable show ever.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              I'm pretty sure it's the highest rated cable show ever.
              I don't have the numbers, but Duck Dynasty would be pretty close if not more.
              拖裤子,
              放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Was that crazy cannibal lady from Game of Thrones?
                I don't think so. Certainly not from the major characters. Do you mean the Stark mother, Catelyn (Michelle Fairley). There are some similarities there. Michelle Fairley had a recurring role in the most recent series of Suits.

Comment

Agreed, very underwhelming start to season 4.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
                    I don't have the numbers, but Duck Dynasty would be pretty close if not more.
                    I don't know about reality shows or documentaries and stuff ... I was mainly referring to dramatic series. I remember reading that the last series of WD broke a bunch of records.

I've never heard of Duck Dynasty. I'd also never heard of Longmire until I started watching it on Netflix. Then I looked it up and saw it was a cable show that regularly get 4m+ viewers, which by any standards seems really strong. Then I think about Boss, which was terrific, but could only manage 1-2m viewer and got canned, albeit a Friday night slot.

Comment

I don't know about reality shows or documentaries and stuff ... I was mainly referring to dramatic series. I remember reading that the last series of WD broke a bunch of records.

I've never heard of Duck Dynasty. I'd also never heard of Longmire until I started watching it on Netflix. Then I looked it up and saw it was a cable show that regularly get 4m+ viewers, which by any standards seems really strong. Then I think about Boss, which was terrific, but could only manage 1-2m viewer and got canned, albeit a Friday night slot.
                      Duck Dynasty...99% of people fall into one of three categories:

Never Heard of It
                      LOVE IT!
                      Think it's absolute crap and unwatchable

I'm in the 3rd group. Longmire is one of my favorite shows, and I'm starting to read the series the show is based off. I couldn't find the first book in the local library, so I'm starting with #2. I really wish the author wrote as well as the show was produced...I don't enjoy his writing.

As for Walking Dead...I tried one episode and found it...well it's not my cup of tea.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I loved the Season 4 premiere. I think it was necessary to have the moments with the kids to show us how things have changed in the past few months since we've seen them last. Rick has stepped down, Darryl has stepped up and is almost a rock star to some of the new people. The three questions are great.

They have to show us that everyone is happy and a normalcy has been found before we care about it being torn to shreds.

As for the ending - I think the virus has mutated and is now infecting animals and the consumption of these animals are going to start changing some people.

Line of the episode for me was when the crazy lady was just about to reach her camp and "introduce" Rick to Eddie and she said, "It's just ahead." I laughed.

Comment

I don't think so. Certainly not from the major characters. Do you mean the Stark mother, Catelyn (Michelle Fairley). There are some similarities there. Michelle Fairley had a recurring role in the most recent series of Suits.
                          Figured it out - -she was on Rome and then Luck. Wrong HBO show(s)!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Figured it out - -she was on Rome and then Luck. Wrong HBO show(s)!
                            Damn yeah ... Octavia.

Speaking of sleeping with your brother ... the Game of Thrones Vrs Star Wars Meme is pretty funny:

In the same vein:

Comment

i thought it had everything. but it did feel like there was an episode missing between the ending of 3 and beginning of 4. they'll probably fill in the transfer from town to jail as they go along. or maybe they won't.

i don't think the virus mutated. i think it's the water. the way they focused in on the dripping shower head for a moment after the kid collapsed. it's already been established that you turn into a zombie after you die even if you haven't been bitten. a lot of ppl living in dirty cramped conditions, there's a regular disease.

one thing i like is when there's a person or ppl with some character flaw that endangers the group. thats the meat of the plot. we got that with the army medic who i guess was an alcoholic.

Comment

Working...
                              X