No announcement yet.

Fireworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raining in Tennessee so I don't plan on going out. They say fireworks can be shot off rain or shine, but I have no desire to sit in the rain waiting for them. Also, I hate to say it but I've turned into a "fireworks snob" while living in China. Just see Chinese New Year once and you'll see what I mean. It is an awesome sight. Nothing compares to it in America.
    拖裤子,
    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
      Also, I hate to say it but I've turned into a "fireworks snob" while living in China. Just see Chinese New Year once and you'll see what I mean. It is an awesome sight. Nothing compares to it in America.
      F China and their Lunar new year - I rather watch matches and sparklers - 4TH of July is not intended for snobs or elitists

Comment

I was two blocks away from the center launch site (the roof of an auto repair shop), the fireworks in the back skyline are from the professional SF Fireworks show, which we stopped watching when the "local" show started, I don't know where civilians get that level of firework, and glad the city survived without getting burned down.

here's more shots
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
        X