No announcement yet.

Official 'Mad Men' Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone else wonder if Don & Roger were going to meet Charles Manson in yesterday's episode?
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      anyone else wonder if Don & Roger were going to meet Charles Manson in yesterday's episode?
      I think Meagan is going to get killed...

Comment

This show is dangerously close to jumping the shark. The last couple of episodes have been terrible and the things that made it so fascinating early on have largely been lost.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          This show is dangerously close to jumping the shark. The last couple of episodes have been terrible and the things that made it so fascinating early on have largely been lost.
          After watching the show last night, my mom (who's in town with me for a couple of weeks) said, "I can't stand this show any longer. I don't know what you see in it."

Unfortunately, many of the characters have become caricatures (Roger, Pete, Harry, Ginsburg, the new-Harry Hamlin dude). I'm still on the fence if the last couple of episodes have been good or turrble.

Comment

Agree. I mostly watch it due to inertia and just because it is better than the other crap on at the same time.
            “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I think the writers are clearly heading somewhere the way this season has evolved. Where I don't know, but I get the sense it's boiling up to something. There are too many characters right now ... there needs to be a culling.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                I think the writers are clearly heading somewhere the way this season has evolved. Where I don't know, but I get the sense it's boiling up to something. There are too many characters right now ... there needs to be a culling.
                Let's just say if they all go to a wedding together with a band in the balcony and they carry off the bride and groom...
                “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

good observation. I could see Bob Benson going postal.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    good observation. I could see Bob Benson going postal.
                    What a strange character. Totally without any sense of shame. I've been wondering for a while what will happen to him ... something will.

Comment

What a strange character. Totally without any sense of shame. I've been wondering for a while what will happen to him ... something will.
                      as a result of your comment about a culling coming I did some googling ... wow, there are lot of theories out there, some far fetched but some plausibile, that there has been a lot of foreshadowing leading to something bad coming to close the season.

Comment

What did you consider fascinating and what was lost?

Comment

Interesting episode. We learn:
                          - Peggy has a thing for Stan
                          - Stan has a thing for Moshe Dayan
                          - Pete's mom has a thing for Manolo
                          - Bob really is gay, and has a thing for Pete (Pete over Joan???)
                          - Sally has a thing for Mitchell Rosen (great Paul Revere & the Raiders reference as well)

It was interesting to see the anti-Vietnam angst get into the office, as many blogs had been saying it was amazingly incredibly absent. Yeah, Joan's hubby is there, and there was the great Ginsburg - Cutler flare up last week, but with the Rosen's son wanting to avoid service, it finally came to the forefront.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Interesting episode. We learn:
                            - Peggy has a thing for Stan
                            - Stan has a thing for Moshe Dayan
                            - Pete's mom has a thing for Manolo
                            - Bob really is gay, and has a thing for Pete (Pete over Joan???)
                            - Sally has a thing for Mitchell Rosen (great Paul Revere & the Raiders reference as well)

It was interesting to see the anti-Vietnam angst get into the office, as many blogs had been saying it was amazingly incredibly absent. Yeah, Joan's hubby is there, and there was the great Ginsburg - Cutler flare up last week, but with the Rosen's son wanting to avoid service, it finally came to the forefront.
                            And poor Sally. Heart getting curb stomped.

Comment

Was the doorman that Jonsey replaced wearing in-ear headphones?

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                                Was the doorman that Jonsey replaced wearing in-ear headphones?
                                Yeah ... I remember those old in-ear headphones. My grandad was a choir master, and he had something similar he would use when listening to rehearsals etc.

Great episode.

The guy playing Bob is a terrific. The moment when he let the friendly kiss-ass office Bob facade slip was very subtle.

Comment

Working...
                                X