No announcement yet.

Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats. I'll be joining you in a couple months. I got a small taste taking about 3 weeks off around the holidays & didn't want to go back to work.
    I have the same thoughts, give it a couple months before deciding anything. I do know I'll be exercising more.

Comment

Originally posted by the heat View Post
      Congrats. I'll be joining you in a couple months. I got a small taste taking about 3 weeks off around the holidays & didn't want to go back to work.
      I have the same thoughts, give it a couple months before deciding anything. I do know I'll be exercising more.
      well if you don't have one already, get a dog - just walking her in the morning had made a difference.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        If you find your way out to Tucson, you got me, Hornsby and DMT waiting to buy you a drink!
        Why did I read this like the opening line to a country song? it kind of falls apart with the second line tho.
        No Arizona this time. But who knows where I'll be next month!
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Congrats. I've been semi-retired for 3 months, but I'll be going back to work part time in March. It's amazing how much time there is without work, yet how unproductive one can be ! Enjoy !
          not sure what you mean by unproductive, I was able to have breakfast AND lunch today!!! I'm pretty proud of myself.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            So I retire tomorrow. After 35+ years going into a cubicle/office, it's kind of surreal that I won't have to do that anymore.
            Anyone have any recommendations? I'm planning on taking a couple of months to get some perspective before deciding on anything. There's a pretty active volunteer network in my community so will likely invest some time with one or two. We'll see.
            Congrats on the retirement. Just don't rush into anything.
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
            X