Thinking a year ahead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I have no idea what the date was the first time I met the woman who was to be my future wife.
    I'm surprised Old Gregg can remember anything

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I'm surprised Old Gregg can remember anything
      When I said date, you do know I meant year right? Not sure if it was 83 or 84.

I do remember that I got married on Oct. 22 1988 (I was no longer Old Gregg). We will be celebrating our 25th this coming Oct.

Comment

I have no idea what the date was the first time I met the woman who was to be my future wife.
        that was on a Cubs Wrigley weekend in July for me, so thanks to baseball-reference I can find the exact date if I need it.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Oh...then nothing.

And turn in your man card, you make us all look bad.
          Gregg with a late bid for one of the posts of the year
          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

I shorted the wife a year when talking with friends yesterday. I thought our 9 yr anniversary was coming up this year when in fact it will be 10. Now that I'm 40, my math just plain sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              Me too, but then the Jesuits helped cure me
              With Judith it was Ursulines. If you ever saw the movie The Trouble with Angels, starring Hayley Mills and Roz Russell, you saw the old building where she went for four years.

Tonight went went out for Mexican (Judith loves fajitas) and had flan afterward. She has to watch her sugar intake, so it was a treat.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                I shorted the wife a year when talking with friends yesterday. I thought our 9 yr anniversary was coming up this year when in fact it will be 10. Now that I'm 40, my math just plain sucks
                And I have so much more confidence in your projections now...
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  Please note that his is NOT the wedding anniversary, which is around Memorial Day. This is the anniversary of the day we met.

J
                  Umm...around Memorial Day?! You remember the exact date of your first date, but your anniversary is around Memorial Day? Got an over and under on that?

I remember our first date it was Dec. 28th, it was cloudy, there was a nip in the air.She was wearing blue jeans and hiking boots. A blue scarf was around her neck. The collar of her Navy coat was pulled up perfectly framing her shy smile...

What is your anniversary date?

Oh I don't know somewhere around Memorial Day.

Dead Man walkin.

Comment

Umm...around Memorial Day?! You remember the exact date of your first date, but your anniversary is around Memorial Day? Got an over and under on that?

I remember our first date it was Dec. 28th, it was cloudy, there was a nip in the air.She was wearing blue jeans and hiking boots. A blue scarf was around her neck. The collar of her Navy coat was pulled up perfectly framing her shy smile...

What is your anniversary date?

Oh I don't know somewhere around Memorial Day.

Dead Man walkin.
                    Its the 26th. It isnt Memorial Day every year, but its close.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Its the 26th. It isnt Memorial Day every year, but its close.

J
                      You had to look it up didn't ya?

Comment

Working...
                      X