How many Twinkies have you or your...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Twinkies have you or your...

I would be sad to see Twinkies and Ho-Ho's go away. But if they based their ability to stay open by my consumption...well they would be going away.

I will say I believe I have purchased two boxes of each this last year. I bet I am on the high side with this crew.

I like them, I just stay away.

How many have you or your family purchased in the last year?
    Last edited by Gregg; 11-16-2012, 05:14 PM.

Twinkies...None. I used to love them, but they haven't held up for me over the years.

On the other hand, I will hate to see the Ding Dong's go away (not that we have purchased them in the past year), but during the yearly get together I have with some college buddies, that's one of the staples. I usually eat a whole box of those over the weekend.

Comment

I saw a Hershey bar for the first time last month (great font). Orio's arrived about 10/15 years back. But Twinkies never did make it ... they would have been huge in Scotland with 2.5g of saturated fat in every cake ... maybe it failed because a typical Scottish person would have had to eat 100 of these per day to maintain their daily minimum saturated fat quota. Deep-fried Mars bars and greasy fish and chips get the job done much quicker.

Comment

it's probably been 20 years since I've had a twinkie. buh bye.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Never could stand Twinkies..LOVE Ho-ho's!!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Everyone had a Ho-Ho eating style, I remember the tin foil wrap.

Comment

Never was a Twinkie Fan - HO-Ho's were the s**t in a care package when I was deployed

Won't miss either as I haven't consumed one in forever

Comment

Ding Dong boy here, havent had a twinkie in 20 years
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Never could stand Twinkies..LOVE Ho-ho's!!
                  Agree. As a kid in the late 70's, i used to love getting the baseball cards on the bottoms of the Ho Ho boxes. Reading baseball stats while eating Ho Hos with a glass of milk. Ah, those were the days.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Gentlemen, How many of any Hostess "treats" have you or your family purchased in the last year?

Comment

Why WOULDN'T there be THREE threads about Hostess?
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Purchased a box of Chocolate filled Twinkies about 3 months ago. Other than that...well we prefer Tastykakes.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I think I've had two maybe three Twinkies in my entire life. Four or five Ho-Ho's. But never a SnoBall, those things look scary.

You know I just never liked Hostess products. They are subpar compared to so many other dessert options.

Comment

Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

The idea of individually wrapped Twinkies is a problem. If I am going to buy that sort of junk it will be off brand.

That said Judith will use halved Tinkies to line the bowl for tiramisu.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X