Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secession!!!

Don't let the door hit you.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Context?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Context?

Comment

Good grief.

Comment

You can help them out here:

President Biden and Vice President Harris promised to move quickly to deliver results for working families. That’s what they’ve done.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Everything is bigger in Texas... including the terror of living in a non-White majority state and the general level of dumbassery!
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Good to see the GOP rank and file are taking their electoral defeat in a reasoned and responsible fashion. Aren't they supposed to love democracy? When you manipulate and lie to stupid people, and your lies don't deliver on their promise, then stupid people will react in stupid ways. Same the world over.

Some pretty awful keyword stuffing there ... surprising from just a big website.

Comment

As part of Texas entering the union, it retains the rights to divide itself into up to 4 smaller states.....and it should! Good riddance on the rest of those craptastic states that want to leave, it will raise the literacy rate. Ok, except Oregon, California should just annex them, and then split into North and South California, and charge South California for water
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  We're blue-blooded Americans! We love democracy!

(except when it doesn't go our way)
                  Red Blooded dude, don't you read the maps?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

good thing Republicans aren't in power, they'd probably invade.

Comment

Wow. Yeah I'm sure you'd remain the 15th largest economy in the world if you seceded too!
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Liberals have gone a lot further with this, google Baja Arizona.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                          Wow. Yeah I'm sure you'd remain the 15th largest economy in the world if you seceded too!
                          If this was towards me, I'd bet that California's GDP would actually grow if we left the union because we wouldnt be sending resources to the federal government and because we'd nationalize the underground drug economy, provide universal healthcare and bring the vast majority of illegal aliens into the regular economy. You'd also see a huge brain drain from the rest of the world into California. Our robot armies, developed by google, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Oracle, would defend the oceans, deserts and sky borders from the riff raff.

California is the 7th largest economy right now
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Our forefathers set the rules, and then showed that it wasn't just lip service. Call them whackaloons...but someday this country will see great changes. It's inevitable, as history has shown us thousands of times.

Nothing lasts. Let them try. I'm sure there isn't enough support to see any secession plans to gain any momentum. But you never know.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              If this was towards me, I'd bet that California's GDP would actually grow if we left the union because we wouldnt be sending resources to the federal government and because we'd nationalize the underground drug economy, provide universal healthcare and bring the vast majority of illegal aliens into the regular economy. You'd also see a huge brain drain from the rest of the world into California. Our robot armies, developed by google, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Oracle, would defend the oceans, deserts and sky borders from the riff raff.

California is the 7th largest economy right now
                              I meant Texas but you make some interesting points. I'd like to do some more research on this in general to see how it would work for real.
                              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
                              X