No announcement yet.

Any fellow firearms enthusiasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a chance to trade for a Beretta in .40S&W but held off. I'm considering trying to start shooting in 3-Gun Competitions and definitely need a handgun. I've shot Glocks and like them and to my surprise about 90% of the shooters I talked to at the last match all use Glocks either in 9mm or .40. The rest use 1911 in .45ACP.

I still love my .44 mag revolver, but as others have noted, it's kicks your butt with recoil, ammo is expensive and it's extremely heavy when worn holstered to my belt.

Lucky, I'm so jealous that your range is that close to work. I'd be all over doing that after work just for a stress reliever.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
      I had a chance to trade for a Beretta in .40S&W but held off. I'm considering trying to start shooting in 3-Gun Competitions and definitely need a handgun. I've shot Glocks and like them and to my surprise about 90% of the shooters I talked to at the last match all use Glocks either in 9mm or .40. The rest use 1911 in .45ACP.

I still love my .44 mag revolver, but as others have noted, it's kicks your butt with recoil, ammo is expensive and it's extremely heavy when worn holstered to my belt.

Lucky, I'm so jealous that your range is that close to work. I'd be all over doing that after work just for a stress reliever.
      If that's your goal, I say go with a .38 Super
      Last edited by JudeBaldo; 02-05-2011, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Well, 3-Gun Shooting and also self-defense. I honestly don't have any rationale reasoning for wanting the .40 other than everyone that owns one that I talk to loves it.

I shot one and it felt really comfortable. The recoil was manageable and allowed for a quick reset for the next shot. And it has more knockdown power/energy than a 9mm. Who knows...

Comment

I think I'm the only person that cares about this thread, but oh well...

Here's the newest build just completed. Lightweight and accurate. Bring on the zombies...

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
            I think I'm the only person that cares about this thread, but oh well...

Here's the newest build just completed. Lightweight and accurate. Bring on the zombies...

Details?
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

16" White Oak Stainless Steel Match Grade barrel with mid-length gas system
              Rainier Arms low profile gas block
              VTAC Extreme 13" handguard with modular rails
              Spikes Tactical lower receiver
              Magpul CTR Mil-Spec stock
              Leupold Mark AR 1.5x4x20 optics
              Burris PEPR scope mount
              Harris BR Bipod with LaRue Quick Detach mount
              Hogue grip

Comment

Bet that cost you a dollar or ten
                "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

sweet
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                    Bet that cost you a dollar or ten
                    Just did it in pieces when I had the money saved up for one part, I'd buy in. Save more... repeat.

Comment

Working...
                    X