The INDEFENSIBLE Defense of Marriage Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wandered into this:

Dump Starbucks because it has taken a corporate-wide position that the definition of marriage between one man and one woman should be eliminated. Take action today at www.DumpStarbucks.com

Think I'll go get a mocha frappucino tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Man, this is a tough story. Sure sucks that the Bible has all those parts that are so bigoted...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...and-his-church
      "accept the bible entirely or not at all......" then let he who is without sin cast the first stone i say!
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        "accept the bible entirely or not at all......" then let he who is without sin cast the first stone i say!
        I guess they don't eat shellfish, then.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
          I guess they don't eat shellfish, then.
          They got a waiver.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Proves there's someone for everyone. As much as I like Frank's politics, he is the meanest, nastiest prick (and not just professionally) to serve on the Hill in a couple of decades. I can't imagine anyone who could actually love him, lol.
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
              Proves there's someone for everyone. As much as I like Frank's politics, he is the meanest, nastiest prick (and not just professionally) to serve on the Hill in a couple of decades. I can't imagine anyone who could actually love him, lol.
              some would say.......
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

For the first time, active duty military were allowed to march in uniform in a gay pride parade (in San Diego). Awesome!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1692348.html
                Excellent!
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The 15-member panel drafting the Democratic Party Platform unanimously agreed to include language endorsing same-sex marriage.

Comment

Tweet from Romney:

@MittRomney
                    "Sally Ride ranks among the greatest of pioneers. I count myself among the millions of Americans she inspired with her travels to space."

**** you, Romney, you opportunistic douchebag. Your record on LBGT rights is crap.

Thankfully, Romney is getting all sorts of grief for his tweet, as is Sarah Palin who also tweeted something similar.
                    What does Romney's admiration of her as a pioneer have to do with her sexuality?
                    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                      What does Romney's admiration of her as a pioneer have to do with her sexuality?
                      It's hypocritical to say you admire someone you spend your life trying to oppress.

And yes if you're not for full equality for the LGBT community, you are oppressing that segment off society.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Admiration of Sally Ride's accomplishents : Sally Ride's sexual orientation :: Charlie The Tuna : Spongebob Squarepants

Hope that helped...
                        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                          Admiration of Sally Ride's accomplishents : Sally Ride's sexual orientation :: Charlie The Tuna : Spongebob Squarepants

Hope that helped...
                          "Sorry Sally Ride"
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

To answer the question, one has nothing to do with the other, unless one assumes that the admirer necessarily equates the value of his subject's public achievements with his judgments of the subject's personal behavior or beliefs. Once you accept that assumption, you open the door to all sorts of nutty assertions: A person who disapproves of internal gambling on baseball cannot admire Pete Rose's hitting skill. A person who disapproves of homosexuality cannot admire Freddie Mercury's musical talent. A person who disapproves of sleazy behavior towards women cannot admire Bill Clinton's political acumen. And on and on.

It's an exercise in absurdity, of course, but mix it with a completely inaccurate definition of hypocrisy, and it's apparently very satisfying to people who prefer screaming "Hypocrite!" to making a sensible case against an opponent's politics.
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              To answer the question, one has nothing to do with the other, unless one assumes that the admirer necessarily equates the value of his subject's public achievements with his judgments of the subject's personal behavior or beliefs. Once you accept that assumption, you open the door to all sorts of nutty assertions: A person who disapproves of internal gambling on baseball cannot admire Pete Rose's hitting skill. A person who disapproves of homosexuality cannot admire Freddie Mercury's musical talent. A person who disapproves of sleazy behavior towards women cannot admire Bill Clinton's political acumen. And on and on.

It's an exercise in absurdity, of course, but mix it with a completely inaccurate definition of hypocrisy, and it's apparently very satisfying to people who prefer screaming "Hypocrite!" to making a sensible case against an opponent's politics.

In a vacuum I'd agree, but when you use the "Admiration" to curry favor in an election it's a totally different thing than holding the same sentiment in private. He made the comment to laud the person, and possibly engender those who respect her. To do it the way he did, while not supporting who the person actually was in her entirety, is Hypocritical.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• "To do it the way he did, while not supporting who the person actually was in her entirety, is Hypocritical."

Hmm, I remember the Congressional Black Caucus had some sort of resolution honoring the passing of Michael Jackson.
                                Were they "supporting who the person was in his entirety"?

If so, ew.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X