Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

there's two fisher cats battling for territory behind my house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very recent article on fisher cats in Milford MA: link
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      "According to information from Mass Wildlife, fisher cats have sharp, retractible claws and can weigh up to 16 pounds. Males are larger than females, and can reach up to 3 feet in length, from tip of the tail to head."

Our 3rd cat (was a stray) is a lean muscled 20 lb cat. I haven't measured him tip of tail to nose but he is a beast of a cat. Very large paws and big jowls. Most cats would think twice before messing with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
        thats a pretty accurate descripion of the events. i guess in the end all i'll be doing is chasing shadows. hell i'm probably even only saving the thing from coyotes.
        Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
        There's just no words...
        actually there is. did you see what i did there? i was showing you how anti-evolution ppl think. whether it's killing wolves or being against the environment or similar regulations. they believe that only when man has conquered the wild will evolution no longer be a threat. .. which is obviously futile since man will always evolve. which is why i said that exactly that way.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Stick 'em with the pointy end.
          This was awesome.

Comment

allow me to indulge myself...which is my way. there's a movie i listed once in Greggs 'what is your most favorite top 10 movies'. i never understood why i chose one of them as outlander. .. well, it's got pretty cool vikings. and everyone like vikings. it's got aliens too. but's it's also about mans battle against the unkown and wild. and any movie with john hurt this late is pretty cool also.

it's a good movie. http://www.movie2k.to/Outlander-watch-movie-43123.html

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
              "According to information from Mass Wildlife, fisher cats have sharp, retractible claws and can weigh up to 16 pounds. Males are larger than females, and can reach up to 3 feet in length, from tip of the tail to head."

Our 3rd cat (was a stray) is a lean muscled 20 lb cat. I haven't measured him tip of tail to nose but he is a beast of a cat. Very large paws and big jowls. Most cats would think twice before messing with him.
              if he looks like a bobcat he might be coon. which is important to know since they will need heart meds later. coons hold the record for longest cats. and they are big.

but you misunderstand. while a really big cat can take on any other cat and even racoons, unless they are able to scare a fisher away, they can't take them on. fisher cats are like 15 pound bears.

the point is not fight in the first place. like i said kitty kindergarten. ..it's all cool to say my cat is tough. and the cat will follow you. but it's not healthy. don't let you're cat get mean. unless you're fortunate, eventuallly he'll run into something bigger. whether it's a dog or in you're case in Canada, a hybrid coyote. ..and in the woods. DON'T LEAVE THEM OUT AT NIGHT. it's not a contest. it's a pet.

Comment

aha i finally saw them, and all it took was causally walking up the street after i heard them. they ran into the road together and up then away. 2 of them. tiny little things, looked like 10 pounds. very loud tho. haven't seen a regular cat in this neighborhood yet this spring. not many squirrels either, for that matter. i think they are hunting squirrels or something, working together. trying to scare them into running towards the other. there's plenty of woods around, so the only question is, why is it occuring so close to the houses. would be certain death to let my cat out at night.

Comment

i feel like typing a short letter warning ppl on my street to keep their small pets inside from dusk till dawn and explaining the sounds they hear at night, and putting it in their mailboxes. on the other hand, i wouldn't want anyone to start doing things like setting have-a-heart traps or anything. relocating scavengers and predators only puts the problem on someone else doorstep.

i wonder what kind of trouble i could get myself into by trying to help. i don't have any police warrants, and im not growing pot or anything. if i warned them i wouldn't mail it, and it's illegal to put unofficial letters in ppls mailboxes. and then, there's a few ppl that have already lost their cats. is it even wise to let them know what might have happened to them.

it's not that i have bad luck or anything, but when you take action, you never know what kind of random chain of events you end up causing.

Comment

it's like they finally showed themselves to me on purpose, because they knew that i would see them. like they were asking me to leave them alone.; because they weren't hunting what i was trying to protect.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                      it's like they finally showed themselves to me on purpose, because they knew that i would see them. like they were asking me to leave them alone.; because they weren't hunting what i was trying to protect.
                      Hmmm... Letting themselves be seen... I read more as, here we are, human... come get us if you can...and bring a snack than asking to be left alone...

Them there fisher cats is sneaky bastages
                      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

no squirrels in my area. im totally amazed. they killed them all. this used to be squirrel central.

i haven't seen one yet. sucks.

Comment

Do fisher cats have a natural predator?

Comment

Did you ever get the night vision goggles?

This site looks hard core... http://www.atncorp.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X