No announcement yet.

Rolling Stones draft signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think some of you are taking erick aybar in the first round....
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I had to figure Sympathy for the Devil wouldn't slip down to 8......
      I would have been hard pressed to not take this at #1, even though there are two songs id rather have
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I was debating between Heartbreaker and Paint it Black. I figured Paint it Black would come back to me. DMT answered that one very quickly.

Comment

Looks like I wasn't alone.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Paint it black was one of twomsongs i was hoping to take at the wheel

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              I think some of you are taking erick aybar in the first round....
              Lesson learned from previous song drafts: Take your favorites whenever you can get them, because these other bastards will steal even your most obsure treasures.

Of the songs I predicted would go 2-3-4-5, only one was taken (Sympathy For The Devil). This is gonna be an unpredictable draft, methinks.
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

1.06 Paint It Black (Aftermath, 1966)

I was choosing between Paint It Black and Sympathy in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  But the other song that I would have taken with a high first rounder is still there.
                  And now it's not. (Gimme Shelter)
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

When I first heard "Gimme Shelter" so many years ago I had no idea what the female was singing, but like ElD said it gave me chills and still does.

If I had the first pick it would have been "Gimme Shelter"

I'm not a real big fan of "Waiting on a friend", but all the other picks are great songs.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

'Gimme Shelter' is #3 for me.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

major ARGH on Gimme Shelter. I had that one all teed up.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          'Gimme Shelter' is #3 for me.
                          I doubted I would have a shot at Sympathy. I thought maybe Paint It Black would get back to me. Gimme Shelter would have looked nice on my list but really like a lot of the songs I like I will not get a chance to pick...Good thing there are a lot of songs I like.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            When I first heard "Gimme Shelter" so many years ago I had no idea what the female was singing, but like ElD said it gave me chills and still does.
                            Great song, great pick. This is gonna be a fun draft to be a spectator.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Gimme Shelter is by far my favorite Stones song....its the funeral march for the summer of love and for my money crushes anything by the beatles
                              Last edited by Fresno Bob; 03-10-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

So EVERYONE in the bottom half of the draft would have taken Gimme Shelter.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X