No announcement yet.

Ham on Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My usual pizza order: Pepperoni, ham, black olives.

I also like artichoke hearts and just about every other topping. I can't do mushrooms or anchovies. A place by me makes a pizza they call a Great White. It has white sauce and shrimp and crab. It's not my usual, but good.

I'm not a pizza snob. I like good, fresh pizza with a flavorful crust and lots of cheese, but you'd be surprised how many places can screw that up.

Comment

Yea, I had my first 'white' pizza in Moab, UT after a crazy day of shrooming and hiking through Arches NP. It was so good I went back the next night to have another one.

My standard order is whatever has the most toppings, like a meatlover's or a combo.

If we're talking about Chicago-style deep dish, my favorite, I get half sausage and half spinach. Lou Malnati's & Edwardo's are my two favorites...mmm.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Yea, I had my first 'white' pizza in Moab, UT after a crazy day of shrooming and hiking through Arches NP. It was so good I went back the next night to have another one.
        eddie mcstiff's? great pizza there .
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I was amazed by both Chicago pizza and New York pizza, and can see perfectly well why there would be such a rivalry over whose is the best. I'd have to vote for both. Each great in its own way.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

It's easier to get bacon on pizza right, I think.
            I do not know about easier but way way better!!

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              now chicken... there's something that has no place on a proper pizza.
              Chicken is good on "pizza" with barbecue sauce, jalapeños, and onions.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I like a nice thin crust with garlic and olive oil as the sauce with spinach, chicken and mushrooms.

Now if I'm going to indulge, I'm enjoying pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions and black olives.

Keep green peppers and green olives off the pizza, especially the green olives...nothing destroys a pizza like green olives, as that is all you can taste!
                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

I used to love either just meatballs, sausage or pepperoni, but my fave became just broccoli. Haven't had that in awhile, though -- usually just plain slices nowadays. No one else likes broccoli on their pizza?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    No one else likes broccoli on their pizza?
                    yuck.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I used to love either just meatballs, sausage or pepperoni, but my fave became just broccoli. Haven't had that in awhile, though -- usually just plain slices nowadays. No one else likes broccoli on their pizza?
                      Ed I'm taking away your right to use "fuggedabboutit" as your location.
                      MODS (not named Revo) please see this is taken care of......
                      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

yea, you look like a big broccoli guy........
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I prefer broccoli rabe to normal broccoli on a pizza, it's flatter....
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            I prefer broccoli rabe to normal broccoli on a pizza, it's flatter....
                            I'm guessing that wikipedia gets more hits on their rabe page today than the rest of the year combined.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Pepperoni, ham, onion, green pepper, mushroom(?) used to be called the LC Special at Little Caesar's when I worked there in the late 80s. Delicious!

I will eat Hawaiian but am not a huge fan anymore.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

+1 on the broccoli, but only on white pizza. Gotta be with garlic and mushrooms too. Killer.

With red sauce pizza, its gotta be either green peppers and mushrooms or some kind of meat and mushrooms. Pepperoni is usually my first choice, but ham is on the list. Sausage is good, but sausage can be hit or miss at some places - if you don't know which sausage they're using, you could be disappointed.
                                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Working...
                                X