No announcement yet.

Ham on Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way. Acceptable pizza toppings: sausage, meatball, bacon, pepperoni, ricotta cheese, maybe grilled chicken or green peppers. That's it.

Comment

What did everyone think Canadian Bacon was?

I prefer sausage, but ham is OK. Its the veggies that make the pizza. Shrooms, Olives, Jalapenoes are all high up the list.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
        dude, a calzone is just pizza with crust that goes all the way around. what's the difference?
        That may be how you make it, but it tastes different. Seriously.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

now chicken... there's something that has no place on a proper pizza.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Banana peppers with sausage is the bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              I used to be with you, but then an "Indian Pizza" place opened up near us, and the Tandori Chicken pizza won me over...

my favorite pizza is sausage, mushrooms, olives, pesto and feta.
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

In South Africa, a common pizza combo is bacon and banana. It wasn't awful but not something I'd recommend. My wife loved it.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Disagree...now. Portland Pie makes a buffalo chicken pizza and BBQ chicken pizza that is outstanding. I get one or the other every couple of weeks for lunch...
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

At some point, the "pizza" part just becomes a delivery system for whatever food the person wants to eat, whether it's BBQ chicken or taco fillings.

I like some of the American-style pizzas, but still like more traditional versions better. And no ham, unless it's Canadian bacon. I don't know if that is considered ham or not, but it doesn't seem like bacon.

Down this way Jalapeno peppers are favored toppings, although I'm pretty sure they don't use those in Italy.

Comment

people - seriously? Canadian Bacon = ham? I don't think so!!!

Canadian bacon (peameal bacon to us north of the border) is back bacon, brined and coated in fine cornmeal. It is not ham.

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Is proscutto ham, what about speck?...basically, if it comes from a pig, is cured, and isn't bacon, it's ham to me!
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          Is proscutto ham, what about speck?...basically, if it comes from a pig, is cured, and isn't bacon, it's ham to me!
                          hmmmm ... proscutto

Comment

Sausage, onion, bacon, pepperoni is my fav.

Ham, onion, BBQ sauce no pineapple is good for a change once in awhile.

Comment

Agree. Also red sauce is mandatory and no freaking olives...EVER

Comment

Had a pizza last night - half plain, half w/ham.

It depends on the place. This one had tiny ham bits like you might see in an omelette. They tasted good, but only made sense picked off and devoured.

Domino's, of all places, used to get it right. Ham squares/circles as big as pepperoni; you could bite into half of one, then eat the rest with the next pizza bite. Don't know if they still do ("now with more garlic!" ok, that's going to lose as many customers as you gain. Well, I rarely ate it anyway, and not when I had the phone to order).

It's easier to get bacon on pizza right, I think.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X