How many RJers smoke cigarettes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
    Heh. My mom is a lifetime smoker, but went to great lengths to hide it from my brothers and me, even though we all knew.

I came home sucking a candy cigarette once, and she slapped it right out of my mouth.
    No hiding on her part. Smoked in the open, and even when she was pregnant. She says the study that proved you shouldn't smoke while pregnant came out in 1974, too late for me or my sister.

Of course, she quit in the mid-80s and would be horrified if anyone smoked in front of her grandchildren.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Nicotine cigarettes? Blecch. I tried one my senior year in college and thought it was disgusting, and I haven't had one since.

I do enjoy a clove cigarette every once in a great while. I'll get a wild hair and buy a pack maybe once every 2-3 years.

Somehow, deep in my subconscious, I knew this.

Comment

Originally posted by ManCalledFoot View Post
        Smoked for 24 years, quit 10 years ago. My lung has never felt better.
        I quit about 20 years ago, but I started back again after seeing the Herman Cain ad. I'm taking America back, one puff at a time.

Comment

Cigarettes---No

Cigars----yes
          Cigars and Single Malt Scotch----HELL YES!!!!
          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I've never understood the cigar thing either. They smell horrible to me.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              I've never understood the cigar thing either. They smell horrible to me.
              I don't mind the smell. I do mind that it tastes like somebody took a dump in my mouth the day after smoking one.
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

No offence to anyone ... but disgusting habit.

My dad smoked stinking cigars my whole childhood ... I hated the smell ... mixture of dirty socks and BO. That put me off smoking for good.

Comment

the smell of cigarettes and cigars is disgusting...

smoked for about a month in the late 1970's just because me and my friends thought it was cool to try..
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

So we have no smokers ... or even occasional smokers in the pen?

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                      never smoked, despite working for a cigar company for the past 5 years... go figure
                      What cigar company? I am enjoying one right now.

I smoke about 1 cigar a week. Then again this is my first one in about 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        What cigar company? I am enjoying one right now.

I smoke about 1 cigar a week. Then again this is my first one in about 3 weeks.
                        Vice!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Vice!
                          You spelled Nice wrong.

Comment

I don't mind the smell. I do mind that it tastes like somebody took a dump in my mouth the day after smoking one.
                            But you smoke one on occasion correct?
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              But you smoke one on occasion correct?
                              Cigars? Very rarely. Usually only when my ex-father-in-law offers me one, just to be social - maybe once a year? And I always regret it the next morning - bleah.
                              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Cigars? Very rarely. Usually only when my ex-father-in-law offers me one, just to be social - maybe once a year? And I always regret it the next morning - bleah.
                                I smoke em on occasion, like you--if someone gives me one and though i enjoy it somewhat at the time, I hate the day after taste. Fingers and mouth.

Cigarettes--never.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X