Cory Fowler - Flyman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cory Fowler - Flyman

Hey, I think some turd has hi-jacked our friend and long-time member Cory Fowler's email account and is sending bogus requests for financial assistance. I checked it out pretty carefully, since I care a great deal for Cory (as do many of you), but I'm convinced that it is a total scam. So, if you hear from "Cory", claiming to be stranded and needing money, please be very careful.

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
    Hey, I think some turd has hi-jacked our friend and long-time member Cory Fowler's email account and is sending bogus requests for financial assistance. I checked it out pretty carefully, since I care a great deal for Cory (as do many of you), but I'm convinced that it is a total scam. So, if you hear from "Cory", claiming to be stranded and needing money, please be very careful.
    I got a similar one about 6 months ago allegedly from someone that used to work with me ... sounded very legit at the time.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

This one used phrases and expressions that Cory would never use in an email to me. For example, needing funds to "settle hotel bills".

The two main things were 1) he didn't mention his wife and kids, who are wonderful and of whom he is very proud, and 2) he didn't mention the season having just ended. Even if he were stranded somewhere needing money to get home, Cory would find the time to mention his family and baseball. He has his priorities in place.

Just to be sure, I replied to the email, asking him to provide me some information that only he and I would know. I couldn't take any chances, since I love him like a brother. But, when his second email ignored that request, there was no doubt remaining.

Comment

this is spam, fellas.

Comment

I won't even use email for non urgent enquiries because you don't have a clue if anyone ever reads them ... if I were in a genuine emergency, sending out emails would be the last thing is do.

I get lots of these emails from friends accounts ... usually hotmail. I just email them back to tell them they've been hacked.

Comment

I'm still waiting for funds from some of you when I was "robbed in England..."

Lucky, the hacker who got ahold of my email acct was ballsy enough to actually get into a gmail chat with Kevin Seitzer, who was good enough to text me and let me know. I have since activated the google authenticator, that requires the random 6 digit code that is sent to my cellphone, if anyone tries to sign in from any computer but my laptop.
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
              I'm still waiting for funds from some of you when I was "robbed in England..."

Dude! I sent you like $500. Since I know your home address (Christmas card list and all) I sent it there. If this was a scam it would be nice if you sent it back to me.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
              X