Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I interest you in a big bowl of Schweddy Balls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I interest you in a big bowl of Schweddy Balls?

Ben and Jerry's new flavor. Really.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/09/07/...ermont-export/

Funny skit on SNL live. Ice Cream flavor not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Funny skit on SNL live. Ice Cream flavor not so much.
      Maybe it'll come with more cow bell......

Comment

Thank you for posting such interesting topic in this forum. Ben and Jerry's new product launch "Schweddy Balls" ice cream flavor, vanilla ice cream, a hint of rum, loaded with fudge covered rum balls and milk chocolate malt balls. The brand new flavor “Schweddy Balls” was titled after a “Saturday Evening Live” skit that features Alec Baldwin and pokes fun at National Public Radio (NPR). However, a parents' group has inexorably gotten angry over the ice cream flavor, and this group which is called One Million Moms is calling for Ben & Jerry's treat to be boycotted. Some consider it as shallow, on the contrary, others support the group. There are lot of reactions about this hot controversy, and this becomes a trend not only in the internet forums and blogs, but also in ordinary conversation. Now, what is your opinion about this issue? From what I know, this is not the first controversy faced by the company. One of the first protests against Ben & Jerry’s was in 1999, when Vermonters protested Ben & Jerry’s selling itself to Unilever, according to the New York Times. Well, I just hope that this will be solved soon.

Comment

Originally posted by janecox View Post
          Now, what is your opinion about this issue? From what I know, this is not the first controversy faced by the company.
          Hi Jane. Is there any truth in the claims that Ben & Jerry's ice cream causes severe hemorrhoids?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Hi Jane. Is there any truth in the claims that Ben & Jerry's ice cream causes severe hemorrhoids?
            Leave Jane alone. She likes peeples.
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
              Leave Jane alone. She likes peeples.
              Reverse psychology spamming from Häagen-Dazs

Comment

Originally posted by janecox View Post
                Thank you for posting such interesting topic in this forum. Ben and Jerry's new product launch "Schweddy Balls" ice cream flavor, vanilla ice cream, a hint of rum, loaded with fudge covered rum balls and milk chocolate malt balls. The brand new flavor “Schweddy Balls” was titled after a “Saturday Evening Live” skit that features Alec Baldwin and pokes fun at National Public Radio (NPR). However, a parents' group has inexorably gotten angry over the ice cream flavor, and this group which is called One Million Moms is calling for Ben & Jerry's treat to be boycotted. Some consider it as shallow, on the contrary, others support the group. There are lot of reactions about this hot controversy, and this becomes a trend not only in the internet forums and blogs, but also in ordinary conversation. Now, what is your opinion about this issue? From what I know, this is not the first controversy faced by the company. One of the first protests against Ben & Jerry’s was in 1999, when Vermonters protested Ben & Jerry’s selling itself to Unilever, according to the New York Times. Well, I just hope that this will be solved soon.
                This hot topic is good for Ben and Jerry. This type of "bad press" is actually good press. Food poisoning would be "bad press " that is really bad press.

I thought the skit on SNL was very funny. That said I have no interest in Schweddy Balls. First of all they are 13 years too late as the skit is from 1998. Secondly I do not care for the taste of Rum in sweets.

If they need other shocking names to help with sales, might I suggest steeling from Robert Deniro's Homeland Security sketch. Much funnier and even more shocking.

Comment

Working...
                X