X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HellToupee
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    UFC 128...uh, this Jones guy is pretty good, no? Wow. Miller keeps winning, too.
    I was shocked how he completely dismantled Shogun . JJ has freakish talent & all but I thought Shogun's experience was going to be his trump card

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    UFC 128...uh, this Jones guy is pretty good, no? Wow. Miller keeps winning, too.

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
    Silva has killer Muay Thai. It is hard to block a teep aimed at your face bro. Especially with Silva's quickness. Besides in Muay Thai the teep is almost always used as a defensive measure and to gauge the distance between you and your opponent.
    Yup - that's how I've seen Silva use the front kick in the past, and typically at the body. Maybe he'll call the offensive front kick the "Segall".

Leave a comment:

• JudeBaldo
    replied
    Silva has killer Muay Thai. It is hard to block a teep aimed at your face bro. Especially with Silva's quickness. Besides in Muay Thai the teep is almost always used as a defensive measure and to gauge the distance between you and your opponent. It is also aimed at the chest or midsection so Belfort was clearly not expecting it on his mug.

Hey, HT!! Good to have you back. I hope you do movie reviews...

To lose on a front kick..ouch. I mean, that's a very, very basic karate block. Kudos to Silva for working on a series of different strikes for Belfort - I've never seen Silva use an offensive front kick before.

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Originally posted by HellToupee View Post
    what an amazing KO , no shame there for Belfort
    Hey, HT!! Good to have you back. I hope you do movie reviews...

To lose on a front kick..ouch. I mean, that's a very, very basic karate block. Kudos to Silva for working on a series of different strikes for Belfort - I've never seen Silva use an offensive front kick before.

Leave a comment:

• fuhrdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I have a schtick??
    I hope it is

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
    Not so much anymore. Your schtick just took some of us longer to "get it".
    I have a schtick??

Leave a comment:

• HellToupee
    Guest replied
    KO off a front kick...wild. Pretty embarassing for Belfort, too.
    what an amazing KO , no shame there for Belfort

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    I meant within the rules of the sport.

Did I say I didn't like the sport anywhere in this thread? Did you just assume I don't enjoy MMA because of my questions?

For the record I have watched some of the fights and probably will watch in the future. I'm not immune to enjoying a good fight, although I think it is a bit absurd.
    If you look within and answer why you are not immune to enjoying a good fight, you will understand why others do as well.

I have never seen any of these fights and have not watched boxing since the late 70's. Yet I would enjoy the experience of a front row seat to see either one live.

Getting hurt is part of the process. I do not think anyone wants permanent damage and certainly not death.

Leave a comment:

• fuhrdog
    replied
    most people misunderstand me on this site
    Not so much anymore. Your schtick just took some of us longer to "get it".

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    KO off a front kick...wild. Pretty embarassing for Belfort, too.

And Jon Jones simply dismantled Bader. I thought he'd win, but not that easily.

Leave a comment:

• Judge Jude
    replied
    I don't even get why people watch "Saw XLV" or other similar movies, either.

But if the tradeoff is people also not questioning my right to publish embarrassing facts about important public servants, either - yes, I accept that deal.

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Originally posted by Byron View Post
    Guess I misunderstood.
    most people misunderstand me on this site

Leave a comment:

• Byron
    Guest replied
    Why do you guys watch and enjoy this stuff? Just curious as to why violence excites people.
    Guess I misunderstood. You're obviously a big fan

Leave a comment:

• JudeBaldo
    replied
    Muay Thai teep FTW! Wow! That's almost always -- 99.9% -- aimed at the midsection not the head. Risky and it paid off big time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X