New Shoelaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shoelaces

I am going to buy some shoelaces for some old shoes I found in my garage, lol. I don't even know where to go. I talked to my daughter and she has never bought shoelaces. I probably have not ever bought them either. Maybe shoes don't last as long as they used to ? I recall my parents buying me shoelaces for my shoes back in the 70's. When was the last time you bought shoelaces ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

I need to do the same. One of my laces on my sneakers (tennis shoes? what's the not old guy term for them?) has the outter layer broken and is holding on by the inner lining only. I just worry that the new ones are going to be stark white against my grubby ass shoes. They should sell distressed colored laces.

I was thinking Target was the place to go. seems like the go-to for generic shit you need
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Yes, I have bought shoelaces once in a blue moon altho usually I'll just take a pair from some worn out shoes and use them on the still usable shoes. TArget, WalMart or any of the "big box" department stores will have them for a reasonable price.

Comment

Thanks ! My online search showed walgreens and target. I was mostly just amazed that I had not bought shoelaces in about 50 years.
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I was close to having to buy new laces for my bowling shoes, when I blew out the sole. Ended up getting new bowling shoes. Problem solved.

Something weird about bowling shoes; their laces are freakishly long. Too long really. Have to double knot them so as not to step on them. Not sure what that is about.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I was close to having to buy new laces for my bowling shoes, when I blew out the sole. Ended up getting new bowling shoes. Problem solved.

Something weird about bowling shoes; their laces are freakishly long. Too long really. Have to double knot them so as not to step on them. Not sure what that is about.
            I apparently measured my old laces correctly and the new laces from Walgreens are perfect, i was a bit worried about that. they only had a few options available. I hope everyone continues to tell their own shoelace stories here, i think it is an important topic to discuss in our world today.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I saw a thread titled “New shoelaces” and figured this would be in contention for one of the most boring threads ever posted on RJ. It lived up to those expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                I saw a thread titled “New shoelaces” and figured this would be in contention for one of the most boring threads ever posted on RJ. It lived up to those expectations.
                another satisfied customer
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

honestly, if you click on a thread about shoelaces....
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You could always just buy new shoes, they tend to come with shoelaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      you have pretty much captured exactly not the point of this thread. thanks.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        although maybe we can get into an argument now to make it more interesting for UMJewman.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          You mean what I literally said I did in post #5?

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            I disagree...

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              You mean what I literally said I did in post #5?
                              No, it was literally not what you said in post #5.  You blew out the sole in your shoes and had to replace them.  I'm saying buy new shoes simply for the laces alone. 

Comment

Working...
                              X