No announcement yet.

Dogs in Public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the difference between dogs and cats is dogs were domesticated way earlier than cats. tens of thousands of years. it's why dogs aren't afraid of fire and cats are. when your house is on fire a dog will calmly wake you up and be like dude, the kitchens on fire, while a cat will accidentally knock a candle over and panic. (cats rarely knock anything over). because they don't trust man made things. they think ahead. they think some inanimate thing can come to life. so it's about overriding instincts. it's nature and nurture finding the right niche to exploit.

dogs have at least 50,000 years on cats.

Comment

• rule number one, if you can't reason with cats or dogs you bribe them with food.

Comment

• Just keep your dogs out of my damn aisle. Your furries too. And you too Nullie until you get the damn vax.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Dogs in Public would be a good name for a band.
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• I don't know if this link will work. It's about a Therapy Pomeranian in Florida named Koda. She makes everyone smile - from kids to seniors.

Comment

• Therapy Pomeranian in Florida named Koda is too long to be a good band name.
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                Therapy Pomeranian in Florida named Koda is too long to be a good band name.
                True, however that whole sentence makes a good band name.

Comment

• Therapy Pomeranian as a band name

Comment

• Koda would be a good name for an album of studio outtakes.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      True, however that whole sentence makes a good band name.
                      let's try that out ... Opening for the Kinks, it's That Whole Sentence

not bad actually.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        let's try that out ... Opening for the Kinks, it's That Whole Sentence

not bad actually.
                        Well played

... (also a good band name)

Comment

• what are cats thinking when they sit there meditating. when a dog sits there he is thinking about his last meal. because a dog is 50 thousand years old. but a cat is thinking about how to catch it's next meal. and I only think this because, being a procrastinator, or in my case lazy, is like being a cat. as a human, even though I ain't doing shit, somewhere in there is a plan. at least that's what the cats think. so they hang out, because even though I don't, they think I have a plan. so they hang out with me and don't give up on the plan they think I have. even though I don't have one.

this lead me to realize that cats are creatures that have a plan. that is what they are doing when they sit there thinking. they are simple creatures, thus they have simple plans. they are thinking about other cats. or refining or revising their mouse catching strategy.

surprisingly the old guy here has a fucking rat in his trailer. I have no idea where it came from. I knew something was eating the cat food. - I feed the cats in my trailer but I also put food for them in the garage. but I stopped doing this because I realized something else was eating it. and I didn't believe him when he said he had a mouse. I saw it too sort of. and it's hard to believe the old guy when he calls me and I go over there and he sees a ghost and it's a fly on his trailer light making a shadow moving around. these things happen.

I set traps but I have never seen a rat in action. fucking thing is smart! it doesn't eat any food that is obvious. doesn't leave any dropping in obvious spots. incidentally, mice are incontinent. they can't really control their poop. but when I looked harder I found the rat droppings. I am scared for a few reasons. I don't want the rat going hungry and eating this guys diabetic toes when he is sleeping and making national news. and I don't want it eating wires in the trailer. and the fucking cats are no help here. cats won't fight rats unless they are starving. because rats fight back.

so how do I catch a fucking rat? I can't poison it and risk poisoning the cats. so now I have to get inside a rats head. I set mouse traps but I don't think they are strong enough. and the rat avoids them. I don't know what to do. but I have to eliminate this thing. I think it's trolling the cats. sometimes it runs across the top of my trailer. I am being outsmarted by a fucking rat.

Comment

• if I can't do it i'm gonna have to really ask the cats for help. they aren't going to like it.

Comment

• when you have two or more animals balancing attention it's a juggling act. for example, when the cats don't sleep right next to each other. I dread the day it happens.

there is a hierarchy in every world.

one time in the wild there were Chimps that knew how to break nuts very efficient. and then they moved to a new colony and found they were using an old method. but instead of showing off they adopted the old inferior way and 'fitted in'.

Comment

• this was the animal thread, right? I didn't kill this thread by accident did I?

so for 2.5 years I've been telling the old guy here one of the wild cats will suddenly jump in his lap some day. and today it did.

things have been going really well for me. this is one of the funny things about life. it challenges itself. the minute cats or dogs or animals see us challenging ourselves; they also do it. it's innate. it's instinctive. it's social. the universe is a social animal. it's like fish swimming in a fishbowl. it sees other fish noticing food or answers and the other fish investigate. and the cosmic dance continues. seriously, EO Wilson was really on to something when he studied ants. but it's so much better in higher animals.

every answer in life leads to the statement, life goes on.

Comment

Working...
                                X