Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champions League Final tomorrow --ManU v Barcelona

ManU v. Barcelona

Can ManU reverse the final from 2 years ago when Barca pretty much toyed with them?

Will the Barca players with the exception of Messi, continue to flop when barely touched? Just play the game you whiny divers--too much talent to be constantly falling to the ground feigning serious injury.

I've been a ManU fan for about 15 years now so I'm hoping for a Red Devil victory, but Barca will probably be too much for ManU to handle.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Yes Barcelona will continue to dive around like a bunch of pussies ... the can't stop themselves. I absolutely hate Pedro, Busquets and Alves.

I doubt Man Utd will be able to reverse the final result ... but I hope they do.

Should be a great game ... especially if ManU can get an early goal.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      ManU can get an early goal.
      so much for that

Comment

How does Barcelona ever lose? They just dominate every game i've seen them play.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          How does Barcelona ever lose? They just dominate every game i've seen them play.
          I don't know much about it, but I'd guess 1-0
          I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Yeah, that looked like men against boys today.

Meanwhile, both teams scored in the same game!

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

my 8 year old daughter's coach declared that all team members should watch this game....
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  my 8 year old daughter's coach declared that all team members should watch this game....
                  Does he hate them that much?
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

This Barcelona team are truly, truly great. Great is a word that can get bandied about but this team deserve to be called as such.

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
                      This Barcelona team are truly, truly great. Great is a word that can get bandied about but this team deserve to be called as such.
                      How to you play against it without "parking the bus"? You can't stop them hogging 70%+ of the possession ... and they have an extra man in every part of the pitch because the centre forward plays on the left wing and the full backs are basically midfielders.

You can't match them ... because no matter how much money you have ... you will never find a midfield trio who are better than Xavi, Iniesta and Messi.

As if we didn't know it ... but this proved Mourinho was correct in his tactics against Barca ... if you wanna win that is.

You can't beat them ... they can only beat themselves.

The funny thing is that the bookies were offering even money on Barca before the game ... I was going to back them at Barca-1 ... but fkin Paddy Power had to make that money back offer.

Comment

On the topic of chasing the European Cup ....

Comment

Working...
                        X