Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance Armstrong is a fraud...

What a shocker!

US postal teammate Tyler Hamilton says that Armstrong not only took steroids and other Peds, but encouraged teammates to do the same. Of course, Armstrong and others are accusing the producers of the report of shoddy journalism...yeah, that 60 Minutes, always cutting corners and using crappy sources.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

I'm absolutely shocked...

Shocked I tells ya...

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      What a shocker!

US postal teammate Tyler Hamilton says that Armstrong not only took steroids and other Peds, but encouraged teammates to do the same. Of course, Armstrong and others are accusing the producers of the report of shoddy journalism...yeah, that 60 Minutes, always cutting corners and using crappy sources.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/122417079.html
      And the French would not check an American for PEDs. Tell me another funny story.

I give you one thing, you might have a point about 60 Minutes.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Shock horror...

I think more important is to find a list of clean cyclists for the period from the mid-90's onwards ... that will be a short list IMO.

Strip Lance of his titles and give them to the next best cheater

Comment

So... thousands of tests came back clean and we're taking the word of the latest nobody trying to monetize his career.
          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
            So... thousands of tests came back clean and we're taking the word of the latest nobody trying to monetize his career.
            That and bringing down the famous seems to be some folks favorite hobby.

Comment

You guys can choose to believe Lance if you want, but the mountain of evidence against him is growing pretty tall.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Lots of smoke but no fire -- yet. If he was on drugs, I can't understand how he passed literally hundreds and hundreds of tests given by people hell-bent on finding a reason to disqualify him.
                “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                  Lots of smoke but no fire -- yet. If he was on drugs, I can't understand how he passed literally hundreds and hundreds of tests given by people hell-bent on finding a reason to disqualify him.
                  I would say there was lots of smoke but no fire up until the day Floyd Landis accused him. Prior to that their had been a lot of rumors and associations with shady doctors, but no one testifying they had seen anything. Now three very prominent American cyclists have spilled the beans on him: Landis, Hamilton, and Hincapie. Whether it will be enough to get the Feds what they want, I don't know, but Lance has to feel the flames lapping around his feet at this point.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Barry Bonds, Marion Jones (admitted user) and Mark McGwire also never failed a drug test...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                      Barry Bonds, Marion Jones (admitted user) and Mark McGwire also never failed a drug test...
                      Agree to a point. But my memory is that a lot of their drug abuse occured before any real testing system was in place and was given by people not really motivated to catch anyone. And it wasn't hundreds (500?) of tests that Armstrong under went? I don't think Bonds or any other baseball player passed 500 tests.

No question there is way too much here to dismiss. But I'm not ready to convict him just yet. He is still getting the benefit of the doubt so far.
                      “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Agree to a point. But my memory is that a lot of their drug abuse occured before any real testing system was in place and was given by people not really motivated to catch anyone. And it wasn't hundreds (500?) of tests that Armstrong under went? I don't think Bonds or any other baseball player passed 500 tests.

No question there is way too much here to dismiss. But I'm not ready to convict him just yet. He is still getting the benefit of the doubt so far.
                        My question is why? The sport is dirty beyond belief, and it's been common practice to mask tests for decades...the cheaters have always been ahead of the testers. Add in Greg LeMond to the list of prominent American cyclists to accuse Armstrong of doping. There is simply too much there to ignore it anymore...
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

"Very well, begin the waterboarding of Sheryl Crow!"

[/Montgomery Burns]
                          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Add in Greg LeMond to the list of prominent American cyclists to accuse Armstrong of doping. There is simply too much there to ignore it anymore...
                            LeMond accused Armstrong, but he didn't say that he had first-hand knowledge, did he? That's why I considered the more recent accusations by Landis, Hincapie, and Hamilton to be significant. Moreover, at least Hincapie and Hamilton (not sure about Landis) have made their testimony to a grand jury, so they stand to get in trouble if they lied.

Everyone disbelieved Jose Canseco for the longest time. When one guy (Landis), came out and told stories of what he had seen, you could maybe argue that he was just in it for self-aggrandizement, money, or to justify his own misdeeds. But now that two other prominent former teammates have said the same under oath, it's awfully hard to chalk it all up to impure motives and fantasy on the part of the accusers.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              "Very well, begin the waterboarding of Sheryl Crow!"

[/Montgomery Burns]
                              Maybe she can testify to the size of...

Never mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X