Macho Man Randy Savage Dead at 58

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macho Man Randy Savage Dead at 58

I know we have a lot of Wrestling fans or former wrestling fans on here.

Sad news indeed. Macho Man was always very entertaining.

Oooooooooooooooooh, Yeah! RIP.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Something I did not know Leaping Lanny Poffo was his brother.

Comment

Comment

He did a stint in the minors before his wrestling career started
          Randy Poffo Minor Leagues Statistics including batting, fielding, prospect rankings and more on Baseball-Reference.com

RIP Macho Man
          I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Coincidentally, this is happening today too.

Last edited by schlesinj; 05-20-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Macho Man, back under the management of Miss Elizabeth. He will be missed.

Comment

I was a big fan of the Macho Man.

First the Killer and now the Savage. These things always happen in threes... so Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns better watch out.

Comment

I learned that you cannot simply assume that everyone knows the great heroes of professional wrestling. Back in 1998 I was giving a speech to a civic group, the day after JYD died in an automobile accident. I mentioned his passing during my introductory remarks, and noted the devastating effects of his finishing move. It was like I was speaking to a herd of deer, all looking into headlights.

From that point forward, I was more careful in picking my audiences.

Comment

You immediately remember his crazed interviews and promos, and his legendary feuds with the likes of Flair, Hogan, and Jake Roberts, all playing off of his relationship with Elizabeth, but he put on some of his best matches against world class technicians like Ricky Steamboat, Bret Hart, and Shawn Michaels. He really was a fantastic ring worker. He had an intuitive grasp of pacing and ring psychology, and he was a genius at selling his opponents' offense - he looked like he was near death by the end of his main event matches, which made his wins all the more dramatic. He crafted one of the most unique and memorable ring personas ever, one that worked as a heel and a face, and it resonated because it was real to a large degree - the dude was nuckin' futs.

It's criminal that McMahon keeps him out of the WWE Hall Of Fame - it really only serves to diminish Vince and his HOF. I hope Vinny Mac will now put the feud to rest and give The Macho Man his due.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Not the best picture and sound quality, but his feud with The Snake was my favorite.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

awww, this sucks. Macho Man was easily my favorite wrestler, and I must've gone to 5-10 events at MSG in the mid-80s just to see him. It was sad enough when Miss Elizabeth passed away, now Savage. Sad day for wrestling fans.

Comment

RIP Macho Man. Truly one of the greatest of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                            You immediately remember his crazed interviews and promos, and his legendary feuds with the likes of Flair, Hogan, and Jake Roberts, all playing off of his relationship with Elizabeth, but he put on some of his best matches against world class technicians like Ricky Steamboat, Bret Hart, and Shawn Michaels. He really was a fantastic ring worker. He had an intuitive grasp of pacing and ring psychology, and he was a genius at selling his opponents' offense - he looked like he was near death by the end of his main event matches, which made his wins all the more dramatic. He crafted one of the most unique and memorable ring personas ever, one that worked as a heel and a face, and it resonated because it was real to a large degree - the dude was nuckin' futs.

It's criminal that McMahon keeps him out of the WWE Hall Of Fame - it really only serves to diminish Vince and his HOF. I hope Vinny Mac will now put the feud to rest and give The Macho Man his due.

Great use of wrestling terminology there, and some good namechecking, too.

I just got an email from an old colleague I haven't seen in 25 years, lamenting the passing of a great one. The Macho Man's spirit is still pulling people together.
                            Last edited by ; 05-20-2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Heart attack at 58? Just continues to show the toll the business takes on wrestlers as they all seem to die young. I couldn't imagine being his wife having to go through all that. At least she escaped with minor injuries.

Macho Man was one on my favs as well.
                              拖裤子,
                              放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X