Fave old school video games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I Googled Nerdbox, and I couldn't find a product. Mind posting or PMing where you got it? Also, are the ROMs preloaded, or do you have to add them yourself? Have you tried any of the games yet? How did they play? Finally, is there a way to play it with a wireless controller? Cuz if not, I doubt I'd ever use it. Thanks for any info--this looks cool.
    They're produced by a friend of mine. He's kept it on the down-low, doing it as a side-job. Only selling to friends (I think?), as he doesn't want to get sued. Not sure how many he's made, but the built-in resources are pretty incredible... he's added cover artwork and writeups on 99% of the games, so it feels more like Netflix when you're scrolling. Also includes ratings (so you could rate all your faves 5 stars and sort by rating... or you could re-title the roms to be 001, 002, etc. so you have a playlist...), but its largely sortable.

The system itself is tiny, cell phone size but lighter weight. Comes with 2 classic SNES style controllers. I'm sure you could use wireless ones. There's 4 USB ports for controllers. I remember reading that I could hook up my old xbox 360 controllers for it, but haven't done it yet. I've been skimming a few mins of dozens of games, and haven't encountered any issues at all so far. No lag, and seems to control as the original games did. I havent figured out all the shortcuts yet (unlimited save states, but I've yet to find the save state menu despite creating a bunch of saves)... but it's been pretty awesome just exploring.

The website is nerdbox.games, but you need to have an account to search the website. If you want to set up an account to look, email [email protected] (maybe mention Jesse) and he'll send you a temp account to browse with. I appreciate his dedication to privacy... I'm sure he would've been shut down ages ago if it were more open.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Ah, got it. You have done a good job making me want the product . I should have known such a thing would probably not be a wildly available commercial product.

Comment

Tetris, Dr. Mario
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

i like the old scott adams apple 2 text games like the count. https://classicreload.com/c64-scott-...dventures.html

Comment

Working...
          X