No announcement yet.

My dad has been in the hospital for 7 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six weeks after this started we are finally going home. My dad has made good progress in rehab but he still has a long way to go. Unfortunately he lost a lot of his vision so that makes things harder. I'm hoping that the right field of vision will return but everyone says the left side is probably gone for good.
    Last edited by cardboardbox; 09-23-2018, 10:33 PM.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      Six weeks after this started we are finally going home. My dad has made good progress in rehab but he still has a long way to go. Unfortunately he lost a lot of his vision so that makes things harder. I'm hopefully that the right field of vision will return but everyone says the left side is probably gone for good.
      That sounds emotionally exhausting. Take care of yourself, as well, and best wishes as your dad continues his recovery.

Comment

Six weeks after this started we are finally going home. My dad has made good progress in rehab but he still has a long way to go. Unfortunately he lost a lot of his vision so that makes things harder. I'm hopefully that the right field of vision will return but everyone says the left side is probably gone for good.
        All the best. Make sure you and the family have a good plan going forward. It's going to be a difficult adjustment for all of you
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I am sure it has been a difficult and draining experience for you. Glad to hear Dad is going home, even if there is a long journey ahead

Comment

CBB, I guess I inadvertently stopped coming to the Sports Bar once they split out the new Hot Topics forum. I am so sorry to read about your Dad's struggles. Hang in there and keep being the strength that both your parents are needing. It's hard and tiresome work but be the encouragement they both need. Take care of yourself as well. Wishing you and yours nothing but the very best in this frustrating and difficult time. And, I'm wishing a full recovery for your Dad.

BB
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

thanks for the kind thoughts guys... I spent a crazy amount of time in hospitals but now I mainly plan to go over to my parents house to give my mom a break and take my dad to doctors and help them out with stuff I'm good at (anything tech related, some friends will fix their leaking windows since I'd probably break the house doing that) and also helping my mom understand all this stuff she has to do now that my dad cant always understand things.

Depending on the subject, my dad can sound kind of like nothing happened or get quite confused. Long term memory is great, short term is gone for now. Keeps asking me the same question every few minutes. He was completely blown away when I told him six weeks had passed. But there is progress... at the beginning of rehab he could not write the numbers on a clock but now he can. He noticed what I was wearing for the first time in 6 weeks and sometimes he doesnt see two of everything.
              Last edited by cardboardbox; 09-23-2018, 10:50 PM.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

best of luck, cbb!

I have been many such trials and tribulations, unfortunately, but I don't see how I can give better advice than what you are doing.

treasure every moment, and every person.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Great to hear some positive news, and good for them that you're there to help. Just being there is most important I think... the things you can do are all secondary. Always in mine and I'm sure all of our thoughts.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

thanks for the kind thoughts guys... I spent a crazy amount of time in hospitals but now I mainly plan to go over to my parents house to give my mom a break and take my dad to doctors and help them out with stuff I'm good at (anything tech related, some friends will fix their leaking windows since I'd probably break the house doing that) and also helping my mom understand all this stuff she has to do now that my dad cant always understand things.

Depending on the subject, my dad can sound kind of like nothing happened or get quite confused. Long term memory is great, short term is gone for now. Keeps asking me the same question every few minutes. He was completely blown away when I told him six weeks had passed. But there is progress... at the beginning of rehab he could not write the numbers on a clock but now he can. He noticed what I was wearing for the first time in 6 weeks and sometimes he doesnt see two of everything.
                    Continued prayers for you and yours.

My Mom had the issues with short term memory. Her long term was good. When I would visit her I would ask questions of things years gone by. It and it made her smile as she would answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X