The Keto Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Keto Diet

Has anyone done this or is anyone doing it? Would love to hear thoughts and experiences.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

My boss is doing it and I think it’s responsible for her recent spate of fainting spells.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I did about a 2-month trial run on it.

The good: Nothing really happened for about 10 days, and then nice, gradual weight loss of about 1.5 - 2 pounds/week. I lost about 12 pounds. Worked well with my shift to less running and more weight lifting. No big sugar cravings. Had low-sugar chocolate as a dessert treat, or the Atkins low-sugar bars. Didn't have any energy crashes.

The bad: No beer. Breakfast was a major adjustment as I've been a bowl of cereal guy all my life. Didn't have any great increase in energy, either. Getting food in restaurants is a challenge.

The ugly: Constipation. If you're a green, leafy vegetable eater, you'll be OK. I'm not...so it didn't end well.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I’ve been doing the 16/8 fasting thing and doing low carb as well... Some people have problems not eating for 16 hours, but i haven’t found it to be an issue.
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I've been doing pretty well with it, although Sunday I failed and had ice cream after umping Little League baseball. we'll see how it goes.
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
            I’ve been doing the 16/8 fasting thing and doing low carb as well... Some people have problems not eating for 16 hours, but i haven’t found it to be an issue.
            I would! I eat every 30 minutes!!!
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
            X