Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2K..I mean Judgement Day this Saturday

So how are you spending your Friday?

It's funny, but also a little sad. I heard an interview with some of the followers of this, and they had quit their job, given away all their money, etc.
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
      So how are you spending your Friday?
      From the book of Mathew:

36But concerning that day and that hour, no man knows, not the angels of the skies, but the father alone.
      37Just as in the days of Noah, so will the coming of the son of man be.
      38For as the people before the flood were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered into the ark,
      39and they knew nothing until the flood came and carried them all away; such will be the coming of the son of man.
      402 men will be in the field, 1 will be taken and the other left.
      412 women will be grinding at the handmill, 1 will be taken and the other left.
      42Therefore be alert for you do not know at what hour your master will come.
      43But know this much, if the master of the house knew at what watch the thief comes, he would keep awake and not let his house be plundered.
      44For this reason, you also be ready, for the son of man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

I will be spending my Friday "working in the fields", trying to joyfully obey and enjoy the day the Lord has given me. Unless for some reason he has other plans for me on that day.

I really wonder why some Christians feel the need to pinpoint the day of Judgement? That is none of our business. If we live each day like it is our personal last day, going about our business with love and service, we all would be better off.

Comment

We have a guy in a RV that is traveling around Eastern PA that is holding signs. He had a business and let his father in law take it over.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
          It's funny, but also a little sad. I heard an interview with some of the followers of this, and they had quit their job, given away all their money, etc.

It is sad, it happens every few years. It is one of the reasons we check with the scriptures to find the truth. Scripture does not tell us to quite our jobs or give away all of our money, this is foolishness. By the way if they believe that the end is Friday, why would anyone else need their money? Why would they need to quit their jobs? If they feel the need for extra prayer time, take a day or two of vacation. But honestly no one will ever know the exact date.

It is sad...for many reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            But honestly no one will ever know the exact date.
            Mark 13:32
            “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I think it sucks that we have to work all week, and THEN the world ends.
              Why couldn't it end on a Tuesday? That way we only had to work one day that week, instead of five.

Just sayin'.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I agree. This guy was wrong back in 1994 and is wrong again and is devastating these people's lives. I would be interested to know what he did with his finanaces since he is so sure about this.

Jesus said He will come like a thief in the night. Nobody will know the hour. I guess Camping's bible left that part out.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I guess amcg is going to be really disappointed he didn't just punch his boss in the face.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

...If we live each day like it is our personal last day, going about our business with love and service, we all would be better off.
                    "I plan to live each day like it's my last, sobbing and sucking my thumb"

I unfortunately can't recall who said it for proper attribution
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

For just $100 each, I promise to take care of the pets of anyone that might get raptured. Cash upfront please.
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Mark 13:32
                        The Father knowing would be a given, since he will be the one pulling the plug.

I am pleasantly surprised that you either knew the verse or took the time to look it up.

Comment

I am pleasantly surprised that you either knew the verse or took the time to look it up.
                          I am well versed with verse. I've never said the Bible wasn't beautiful or not full of great quotes and advice. It's a terrific book and just to surprise you more, I've read it almost cover to cover twice.
                          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Harold Camping is another cultic individual that also tried this back in 1994. Around 10 years ago he told everyone to leave their church : Camping teaches that all churches have become apostate and thus must be abandoned. He encourages personal Bible study and listening to his Family Radio broadcasts.[20][21] -- from Wikipedia entry of Harold Camping

I do not listen to his radio station at all.
                            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                              Harold Camping is another cultic individual that also tried this back in 1994. Around 10 years ago he told everyone to leave their church : Camping teaches that all churches have become apostate and thus must be abandoned. He encourages personal Bible study and listening to his Family Radio broadcasts.[20][21] -- from Wikipedia entry of Harold Camping

I do not listen to his radio station at all.
                              That is the name of the web site on the back of the RV I saw. He was at the Berkshire Mall in Reading and then I saw it on Philly news heading to King of Prussia mall.

Comment

Working...
                              X