Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Menace meets Orange Menace

Time for some Hammer, Sickle, Cheetoh.

So what is going on with Trump and the Russians ? Is he a Russian Pawn ? Did the Russians "hack" the election ? What should our policy be towards Moscow ? Is a good relationship between Trump and Putin a good thing ? Inquiring minds want to know...
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Thanks to Mandy for steering me here, she's nothing but helpful...

As I said in response to you in the other thread, it's a long term game. Eliminate the threat of NATO to whatever extent possible, and try to revive some semblance of the old Soviet Union by messing with countries with somewhat unstable governments. Lots of people there still have an allegiance to Russia and will do what they can to undermine their own governments. By taking the US as much out of the equation as possible, it makes Putin's game a lot easier to play.

I think that there's really no question that the Russians hacked pretty much all the players in the election, and that certain information was disseminated to tilt the board in favor of their chosen candidate, which was Trump. Did it cost the Dems the election? No really, IMO, but it certainly should cast a shadow on anything in the future, that our systems were so easily hacked.

As far as a good relationship between the two leaders, I don't think it's a bad thing, as long as it doesn't lead to a weakening of our, and our allies, defenses. Economically, we both need help, so if something is mutually beneficial, why not?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Thanks to Mandy for steering me here, she's nothing but helpful...

As I said in
      Like putty in my hands
      --------------------------------------
      You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
        Like putty in my hands
        Quit playing with Jude like that. His wife will get jealous.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

There was a good article on Vox the other day with an editor of a Russian newspaper, who gave his opinion as to why Putin wanted Trump. He claimed Hillary would have continued with the sanctions (agreed) and that Putin believes he can control Trump because, as they put it, "they consider him a stupid, unstrategic politician." In other words, Putin sees Trump as a stupid rank amateur who's now heading up the free world (gulp) who he can control.

Comment

well in that case ... Mandy in 2020!!!

Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy
            Like putty in my hands
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              well in that case ... Mandy in 2020!!!
              I'm not sure...I rarely leave the building so if I were elected there would be no Presidential Vacations to discuss on RJ. This place would be a ghost town. It could be the end of Rotojunkie as we know it. With a heavy heart I hereby withdraw my candidacy--but thanks for your support !
              --------------------------------------
              You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                I'm not sure...I rarely leave the building so if I were elected there would be no Presidential Vacations to discuss on RJ. This place would be a ghost town. It could be the end of Rotojunkie as we know it. With a heavy heart I hereby withdraw my candidacy--but thanks for your support !
                A candidate who denies they are running. This means 100% certain that Mandy will be running.

Comment

Working...
                X