Standing Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing Rock

Governor issued mandatory evacuation notice to water protectors, the thousands of united natives as well as supporters from all over. Said he would blockade supplies, food, water, starve em out, to "ensure public safety". Also, happening right now, an estimated 2000 veterans have self deployed to Standing Rock. Theory is if media sees our vets under siege by law enforcment while participating in peaceful unarmed protest this sucker will finally go nuclear.

Weather report for monday is sub zero, with -20 wind chill. Water cannons will kill people in that, no clue how this will end but this stresses me that we are witnessing this assault on the single largest assembly of native americans with hundreds of tribes and public is not very concerned.

Alright, I just saw that Tulsi Gabbard landed in Fargo...I may have to re-evaluate my thoughts on her as a politician, and as a person.

Stand out there when it's 20 degrees in North Dakota and you're making a commitment...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Alright, I just saw that Tulsi Gabbard landed in Fargo...I may have to re-evaluate my thoughts on her as a politician, and as a person.

Stand out there when it's 20 degrees in North Dakota and you're making a commitment...
      You really ought to give her a look. She is far, far to the left of me, but I have such respect for her. This, like her resigning as VP of the DNC when she saw the fix was in, speaks volumes about her character and integrity.

Comment

Just saw she was part of conga line that spoke to Trump. Major in National Guard, isolationist similar to Trump, and maybe the only D that has not railed against him publicly. From Hawaii, most diverse state in country, any chance, any chance at all she could be in running for Secretary of State? Geez, that would be huge good will gesture to unite country.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
          Just saw she was part of conga line that spoke to Trump. Major in National Guard, isolationist similar to Trump, and maybe the only D that has not railed against him publicly. From Hawaii, most diverse state in country, any chance, any chance at all she could be in running for Secretary of State? Geez, that would be huge good will gesture to unite country.
          It was rumored she was being considered about a week ago, but I think it's no longer on the table. Shame really. Would have been a great anti-hawk pick, and would have shown Trump trying to be more inclusive in his cabinet.
          She will be the next Senator from Hawaii when a vacancy opens up. We will have to settle for that for at least a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
            You really ought to give her a look. She is far, far to the left of me, but I have such respect for her. This, like her resigning as VP of the DNC when she saw the fix was in, speaks volumes about her character and integrity.

Yeah, I most certainly will. Just going to North Dakota to protest this pipeline is going to be unpopular with many people, and going in December? Man, that takes stones for someone from Hawaii...I've been in ND in the winter, and that wind just howls off the prairie...nothing to block it for hundreds of miles.

At worst, they have to declare some sort of a time out, for everyone's benefit. Figure out a compromise that everyone can work with...frankly, disappointed in President Obama for not getting involved in something that's this important to Native Americans.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I am sure it will be claimed that having equal of 2 us vet regiments show in support had nothing to do with it.... but it appears we have a happy resolution. at least until we have you know who take office.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                I am sure it will be claimed that having equal of 2 us vet regiments show in support had nothing to do with it.... but it appears we have a happy resolution. at least until we have you know who take office.
                It'll be interesting to see if Trump and the new administration can do anything change the decision of the Army to not allow the current route for the pipeline. I suspect that the engine of bureaucracy is going to chew up and spit out a lot of the things that PEOTUS may have promised. It's not like the pipeline isn't going to be completed, it's just going to have to take a different route.

I also think that this isn't going to be the last successful protest...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

How long will XL stay dead? With rising oil prices this is going to be an issue.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I wish we'd start building some water pipelines
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      I wish we'd start building some water pipelines
                      Sure - then water will become available the person with the most money - it will be monetized more than it already is and access to water in various areas of the country will become more difficult.

One could argue that water being more necessary to food for maintaining life would be a right.
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Oh those damn butthurt protesters...whining about nothing. Other than a pipeline spill of 176,000 gallons a few weeks ago roughly 150 miles from Standing Rock.

Pretty much the same safely systems that they planned on putting on the pipeline under the lake were in place...funny, they failed to work.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Oh those damn butthurt protesters...whining about nothing. Other than a pipeline spill of 176,000 gallons a few weeks ago roughly 150 miles from Standing Rock.

Pretty much the same safely systems that they planned on putting on the pipeline under the lake were in place...funny, they failed to work.
                          Wait...big oil is likely taking the least expensive, possibly prone to failure, steps and something failed. Shocked...I'm SHOCKED!
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                          X