random stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The music of Rush as contraceptive:

What’s in it? Every woman deserves to know exactly what’s in her birth control. Rush is a Canadian progressive rock power trio whose golden era is ...

Rush sucks, Mith.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      The music of Rush as contraceptive:

What’s in it? Every woman deserves to know exactly what’s in her birth control. Rush is a Canadian progressive rock power trio whose golden era is ...

Rush sucks, Mith.
      Wow, i get the impression that she doesn't like Rush music.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Wow, i get the impression that she doesn't like Rush music.
        It's been a long time since I laughed that hard. Of course, I agree with everything she says.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          It's been a long time since I laughed that hard. Of course, I agree with everything she says.
          Yeah, i got a laugh out of it too. But, i don't think Mith will find it funny.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cat jumps from the 5th story window of a burning building. Jump is at 0:30 of the video. The cat not only survived the vertical drop, but also calculated with pinpoint accuracy landing on the narrow grass strip, just barely clearing the high concrete wall, and avoiding the concrete walkway between the building and the wall.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• https://www.npr.org/2021/06/12/10058...ndering-moving
              All of the animals are reported to be healthy and no person has been injured in encounters with them. Officials have issued strict orders not to gawk at them or seek to drive them off using firecrackers or other means. China's roughly 300 wild elephants enjoyed the highest level of protected status, on a par with the country's unofficial mascot, the panda bear.
              Top Ten Reasons China's Wandering Elephants Are On The Move Again.

10: they are attempting to discover the New World after debating whether the earth is flat or round.
              9: we live in the matrix and they are looking for neo and a telephone to teleport back to their spaceship.
              8: a huge natural disaster is coming soon like a tsunami, volcano or earthquake and they are trying to get to high ground while futilely trying to warn everyone.
              7: they are following the yellow brick road to Oz
              6: they were going to this bingo parlor at the YMCA, well one thing led to another, and the instructions got all fouled up...
              5: they heard Cher was coming to visit and ran away
              4: they are migrated to California and looking for a shortcut called Donner Pass
              3: they are reenacting Hannibal's march through the mountains to Rome.
              2: they are setting up a toll both and blocking roads for fruit and looking for the best spot.
              1: they are on a fellowship and are on their way to Mordor to destroy a ring.

Comment

• My wife was asked to take care of the neighbors cats while they go on vacation to visit some friends in West Virginia. The friend they are visiting last name is Hatfield. Yes they are related.

I wonder if they will sit around a campfire and tell family stories?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  My wife was asked to take care of the neighbors cats while they go on vacation to visit some friends in West Virginia. The friend they are visiting last name is Hatfield. Yes they are related.

I wonder if they will sit around a campfire and tell family stories?
                  So you're saying that your neighbors are the real McCoy?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    So you're saying that your neighbors are the real McCoy?

Comment

• 20 yrs ago I worked at corning. we would deposit layers of niobium and silicon on glass to refract wavelengths of light, usually around 1550 nanometers. it did occur to me it was possible to make an invisibility shield out of glass. light seems more fun than electricity, OSA's more than oscilloscopes.

I thought this article was pretty cool. pretty technical. I didn't know birds get their pigments from food.

Blue Animals Are Different from All the Rest https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...ue-jay/619243/
                      Many of the colors seen in nature, particularly in the plant kingdom, are produced by pigments, which reflect a portion of the light spectrum while absorbing the rest. Green pigments like chlorophyll reflect the green part of the spectrum but absorb the longer red and yellow wavelengths as well as the shorter blue ones. Which specific wavelengths get reflected or absorbed depends on the pigment’s molecular makeup and the exact distances between the atoms in its molecular structures...Birds’ bright reds and yellows, for instance, mostly come from carotenoid pigments in their food...“All the optical fibers that are now laboriously made with precision engineering—birds do it by self-assembly.”

Comment

• If you get bored this weekend, or you just want to get the kids out of your hair for awhile, you can always make a run at the Guinness World Record for stacking M&M's. The record is five M&M's. Six seems like a reachable goal. But, i hear it's a lot tougher than it looks.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

If you get bored this weekend, or you just want to get the kids out of your hair for awhile, you can always make a run at the Guinness World Record for stacking M&M's. The record is five M&M's. Six seems like a reachable goal. But, i hear it's a lot tougher than it looks.
                          I could eat six M&M's easy.
                          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            I could eat six M&M's easy.
                            The record for most M&M's eaten is 92 M&M's in one minute. Good luck!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Is that why people can only stack 5?

Comment

92 bags of M&M's right ? That's about what I can put down. 92 M&Ms seems like child's play
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X