No announcement yet.

D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it seems im not internet savvy enough anymore to embed images.

The Dodo serves up emotionally and visually compelling, highly sharable animal-related stories and videos to help make caring about animals a viral cause.

here is an elephant that went up to a rangers car asking for medical assistance.

The Dodo serves up emotionally and visually compelling, highly sharable animal-related stories and videos to help make caring about animals a viral cause.

here's one that went up to a house. i like this one. you can see him looking through the windows to see if they are home. and they seem to know where the doctors are. for this one they flew one in from 200 miles away while it waited.

Former Orphaned Elephant Returns To Visit Her Rescuers — With A New Baby Girl

this is a good story. they visit every other month. they opened the gates to the orphanage and some of them went out to celebrate with the rest of them. they were trumpeting and celebrating the birth. the orphanage named it Gawa which means 'to share' in Swahili.

it's not a normal thing for an animal to seek or accept medical assistance, much less a wild one. this is main point i guess. they understand the situation. sure they have incredibly low birth rates, but an animal that will let you help try to save it. gorillas will let you. but they don't have the total spatial awareness or are as tough as elephants. so they might be fucked.

it's just the way the world is made. it can't be made another way. crime, destruction, rebirth.. nothing would survive in the long run otherwise. i walk by television sets and newspapers and see the daily horrors and the so-called outrage about them. the ending of the 2007 movie the invasion with nicole kidman, it really struck me. but i think bill and melinda gates have it right, everything should have the chance to live healthy productive lives.

Comment

you see animals like elephants go and you think we're next.

for example, you can edit the genes of an aedes mosquito and wipe it out. dengue kills 500k ppl a year. and there's 500 other type of mosquito's and only a few hurt us. so it seems like a good idea. on the other hand, viruses and bacteria, there are good kinds and bad kinds. ppl think that viruses are bad. but we wouldn't be here as a species without them. life wouldn't be here; even retroactive ones adding so-called junk dna. mosquito's don't seem provide much food to anything. if your a bird or bat it's probably easier to catch them than a moth tho. so what they lose in quality they make up in quantity sort of. and they do pollinate a little.

so if you think that getting infected with all kinds of stuff in the world is both good and bad, once you remove the ability to be infected from bad ones, maybe you remove the ability to be infected by so-called good ones too. i could get technical and cite how some junk dna inserted by retroviruses were crucial to human birth. it's true maybe. i would guess that if you had to pick one thing that transports viruses and bacteria the most, it would be a mosquito. and it's a food chain thing. birds eat mosquito's and bigger animals eat birds and we eat the animals that eat them. and we all get new different single celled organisms inside us doing whatever it is they do.

mother nature has been doing it for a few billion years. and suddenly we think we can do it too with less experience. i guess if there's one thing we have going for us is that destruction and creation go hand and hand. each is only matched in it's capacity with the other.

ppl want to know where their place is in the world. i worry about where my place is in time. am i at the beginning and just don't know it, or am i at the end. will future things look back at the time i lived and say wow i am glad i wasn't born then and had no awareness.

Comment

one thing i noticed when i caught two different mice this year, and i wanted to say this,.

the first one i caught. it was about 14 days old or younger. it wanted nothing to do with me.

the second one i found dying on the floor near my car. it was about 14 days old or a little older.

i did everything pretty much the same with both mice. same house, same food same love. the second one accepted me almost immediately. cause it knew it would've died. i didn't even really tell much about it. how as i carried it into the building once i got to my chair and stopped it rolled over opening it's mouth like it was hungry and dying of famish or thirst. like it knew right away something was helping it.

it was also really cute. like when i had to put it in a dark locker or bag to prevent it from escaping, when i came back and opened it, it was all like afraid of the dark. in the same position both times. standing up sideways holding it's hands like ooh i can't see.

Comment

Working...
        X